Photo by Heather Raulerson
I was surprised when I showed up at Georgio’s Pizza & Pasta to pick up my pizza and Garlic Knots that I ordered when I saw this little envelope sitting on the counter. On the front, it says ‘Win a Downtown Rochester Dining Package.’ Now, I’m all about winning free stuff, and this definitely caught my eye. How cool is it, that you can eat at your favorite restaurants this month and possibly win something while you are at? So, I put my receipt for my delicious cheese and pepperoni pizza in the envelope and I'll be hoping to win one of the prizes. I’ll have to see where else to go this month to get a few more entries in the contest.
With Michigan being in lockdowns for what seems forever, it is nice to be able to go out and frequent your favorite restaurant again. “The past several months have been challenging for our downtown businesses, especially the restaurants,” stated Kristi Trevarrow, Executive Director of the Rochester Downtown Development Authority (DDA). “Foodie February allows our community to support our restaurants and get rewarded in the process – it’s a win-win.” I am looking forward to helping where I can and ditching my kitchen to support these local restaurants during February.
How it works:
All you have to do is dine-in or pick up a carry-out at one or more participating restaurants during February and enter for a chance to win a $500 Dining Package, a $250 Dining Package, and a $200 Dining Package!
Dine-in or carry out at any restaurant in the City of Rochester. See the list of participating businesses below. The more you dine out the better your chances are to win!
Pick up the special envelope at one of the businesses and use the envelope to collect receipts throughout the month.
Bring your receipts for validation and enter-to-win at the DDA’s Downtown Collaboration Studio during regular business hours. The Downtown Collaboration Studio is at 432 Main Street, and they are open Monday-Friday from 10 am to 5 pm. On Thursdays in February, there are open to 8 pm.
- All receipts must be validated by the close of business on March 1st.
- Diners will receive one entry for every receipt turned in from a participating business.
- Diners cannot win multiple shopping sprees.
- Dining packages are only redeemable at participating businesses.
- Winners will be announced and contacted on Tuesday, March 2nd.
- Follow Downtown Rochester on Social Media (Facebook and Instagram) for Foodie Friday Drawings
Photo by Heather Raulerson
- BakeHouse 46
- Bangkok Cuisine - Thai food, Yum!
- Bean & Leaf Cafe
- Bologna Via Cucina - Italian dishes
- Catering by Katherine
- The Cheese Lady
- Chicken Shack
- Chomp Deli - gourmet burgers and sandwiches
- City Tavern - Took over the place from Mr. B’s
- Desert Oasis
- Dino’s Cookie Dough Bar
- D’Marco’s Italian Restaurant
- Domino’s Pizza
- Downtown Cafe - breakfast and lunch, Try the almond-crusted French toast with whipped cream and fruit, a Florentine omelet made with bacon and potatoes, or corned beef or chorizo hash.
- Fieldstone Winery & Hard Cider
- The Give Thanks Bakery & Cafe
- Georgio’s Pizza & Pasta - mom and pop pizza joint with incredible pizza and Garlic Knots are a must!
- Grant’s Pizza House
- The Hemmingway Room
- Hibachi House Bar & Grill - absolute fave! I love the Teriyaki Chicken, Beef, and Shrimp combo.
- Holy Cannoli’s
- The Home Bakery - fabulous window displays!
- Hungry Howie’s
- Knapp’s Donut Shop
- Kruse & Muer On Main - seafood, and pasta
- Kruse’s Paint Creek Tavern
- Lipuma’s Coney Island - delicious hot dogs! Try the coney dogs, served with chili, onions, and mustard. Cash Only!
- Main Street Billards
- Main Street Deli
- The Meeting House
- O’Connor’s Public House - Irish pub
- Park 600 (at the Royal Park Hotel) - fancy
- Parker Grant Hospitality
- Paul’s on Main - great Sunday family breakfasts.
- Penn Station East Coast Subs
- Penny Black - Try the Texas Tots!
- Red Knapp’s Dairy Bar - diner-style burgers, fries, milkshakes, and malts
- Rochester Bistro
- Rochester Brunch House - Great for weekend brunches with friends! Small, expect long waits. Try the pancakes; they are huge!
- Rochester Chop House & Kabin Krusers - Romantic date night for steak and seafood, best local Oyster bar
- Rochester Mills Beer Co. - an excellent place to meet up with friends and have a couple of drinks
- Sanders - Chocolate, no need to say more!
- Silver Spoon Ristorante - Try the Capesante, a dish of sea scallops, pancetta, corn, shallots, and cherry tomato, as an appetizer. Follow that with the fresh Branzino del Mediterraneo for a taste of grilled Mediterranean sea bass.
- Sumo Sushi
- Sweet Island Creamery
- Tonia’s Victorian Rose
- Too Ra Loo
- Willoughby’s Beyond Juice
- Zoet Cafe
Photo by Heather Raulerson
When I started looking at the list of participating restaurants, I didn’t realize that there were this many great places to eat all in the downtown Rochester area. Whatever you’re in the mood for, you can find a restaurant that fits your appetite perfectly. Foodie February runs until February 28th, so go and pick up your envelope at any downtown Rochester merchant. Let’s help out the local businesses where we can and eat some great food in the process. Who knows, maybe you’ll win one of the big Dining Packages! Wouldn’t that be fabulous! Are you with me?!
Have you dined in any of these downtown establishments? Which ones are your favorite? What is your go-to meal when you visit?