I’m going to cover the following:
- What is 12 Minute Affiliate?
- Who is Devon Brown?
- Is 12 Minute Affiliate a Scam?
- How Does 12 Minute Affiliate Work?
- Reviews and Complaints
- What I Like About 12 Minute Affiliate
- What I Don’t Like About It
- Where Do You Go From Here?
- 12 Minute Affiliate is a Done-For-You (DFY) Affiliate Marketing system created by internet marketer Devon Brown — and being a done-for-you system, all the hard work is supposedly done by the 12 Minute Affiliate teamSo, when you purchase this product, all you really need to do is set it up and wait for your affiliate commissions to come in. At least that’s how it’s being marketedRight now, their system is promoting ClickBank products. ClickBank is a reputable marketplace for ebooks, courses and many other programs… some good and some not so good. But ClickBank itself is 100% legit.
- Another promise made by their sales page (and its creator) is that this is a newbie-friendly program. It works for beginners and struggling internet marketers alike.
- You can see it in the name of their program: 12 Minute Affiliate. They’re giving us the impression it will only take 12 minutes to set up, and… 12 minutes of work every day can be enough. All this simplicity and you’ll get the much-coveted “passive income while you sleep” thing.
1. Buy the product — obviously 😉
2. Sign in to your account.
3. Set the system up — which will involve the following:
- Creating your affiliate account with ClickBank
- Setting up your autoresponder
- Driving traffic to your landing pages
12 Minute Affiliate Quick-Start Checklist
4. Earn affiliate commissions (the part you’re waiting for).
How the 12 Minute Affiliate System Makes Money
Now, let’s talk about the “make-money” part. Here are the methods used by 12 Minute Affiliate that enable you to earn affiliate commissions on auto-pilot:
1. You’ll be provided with landing pages (equivalent to websites) when you join 12 Minute Affiliate. You get to choose from 3 niches — Home Business (this includes Making Money Online), Weight Loss (one of the biggest sub-niches in Health), and Personal Development.
2. You’ll connect your landing/funnel page to your email autoresponder (you’ll need to pay for this, so note that this is an added cost to you). Set up is easy (they have instructions in their members’ area), but you can opt to pay a small fee to have them do it for you.
4. Get traffic by buying it (this is another added cost to you). Your traffic will automatically be sent to your landing pages. At this point, I’d like to make it clear that you’re only buying clicks, not opt-ins, so you really don’t know how many people will subscribe to your email list when they get there.
This can be a serious danger with paid traffic because you absolutely cannot make assumptions or be certain the traffic you pay for will result in sales. In other words, it’s entirely possible to spend hundreds (even thousands) of dollars and not get a single sale.
12 Minute Affiliate provides their own traffic source but again, there is no guarantee this traffic will be profitable.
5. You’ll earn affiliate commissions when people buy any of the products you’re promoting (your emails come with your ClickBank affiliate link). Needless to say, having a large email list will give you more chances of selling something.
What You Should Know
I know, everything I’ve said so far sounds promising. But digging deeper we find some things you should also know…
- Disclaimer — As mentioned earlier, there are no guarantees, and 12 Minute Affiliate agrees.
- At the bottom of their sales page is a disclaimer that says they’re not guaranteeing you’ll earn money with their product. They said your earning potential will depend on you and the efforts you put into your online business. For me, their disclaimer is saying that their product is not sure to work for everyone. Well, I believe it’s like that for any business anyway…
- The 12 Minutes — This one I really find hard to believe. For me, it’s such a turn-off that they’re promoting a product which (supposedly) can be set up and running within 12 minutes. Even if everything is just filling up blanks and copy/pasting, I think it will take more than 12 minutes to complete everything correctly. Rushing can only lead to errors, so I’m not a fan of that 12-minute sales talk.
- Email Autoresponder — Ok, you need an autoresponder to handle your emails (so you can send out promotional emails to your subscribers/customers). Note that this is not included in the 12 Minute Affiliate package, so you’ll need to pay for it separately. They’re using Aweber, and this costs $19/month for your first 500 subscribers. Aweber has a 30-day trial period, so you can use that along with your 14-day trial period with 12 Minute Affiliate. But after 30 days, you’ll be charged $19 per month.
- Paid Traffic — Yes, you need traffic to be successful with your Affiliate Marketing efforts — and 12 Minute Affiliate has a built-in traffic source. You can buy traffic from them so that you can build your list and (hopefully) make sales. Here are some things you should know about their traffic strategy:
- - You’ll need to pay for traffic (you can also opt for free traffic, but you’ll need to manually work for it).
- - There’s no guarantee that the traffic will convert into buyers (remember their disclaimer).
- - You don’t know where your traffic is coming from (you’re just buying from their system).
- Upsells — Expect upsells once you’re inside the member’s area. For the membership, you get to choose from 2 options:
- - Basic membership: You’re getting the basic membership when you first sign up to them. This is priced at $47 per month or a one-time fee of $397.
- - Gold membership: This will cost you $97 per month or a one-time fee of $797.
- The main difference between the Basic and Gold membership is the number of niches that you can use on your online business. Remember the 3 niches I talked about before (Home Business, Weight Loss, Personal Development)? In the Basic membership platform, you’re only allowed 1 niche, but you’re allowed all 3 niches when you’re a Gold member.
- Trial Period — 12 Minute Affiliate is letting you test drive their product for 14 days (for $9.95). They say that if you like the program, you can keep it for less than the price of a cup of coffee a day. Please know that they’re not giving it to you for free… you’ll need to pay $47 per month to keep using the system.
Possible Issues with 12 Minute Affiliate
While I think the 12 Minute Affiliate product is legit and not a scam, I do foresee some possible issues with it. To be clear, many of these are issues you’ll find with many legit programs like for example .
Some might do one thing better than 12 Minute Affiliate, but fall short somewhere else. So these are not specific criticisms, but rather, things to consider so you have a more complete picture.
- You Are Totally Dependent on Their Program — While their done-for-you program makes the whole affiliate marketing thing seem easier, you’re always dependent on their system. On them. Should they disappear or close down, your online business will be gone with them.
- No Training — Remember, their done-for-you system does it all for you. So, if #1 happens (they disappear or close down), you might not have the skills and training to start your business all over again. Done-for-you sounds good, until you run into problems.
- Is It for Newbies? — I wouldn’t say 12 Minute Affiliate is guaranteed for newbies (at least, not in my opinion). I know they’re saying it’s newbie-friendly (and generally speaking, done-for-you systems are), but they have an available option to let their team do the set up for you (in case you can’t do it). So, for some newbies… it’s not that easy and you may have to pay a little more to get rolling.
- Also, newbies don’t have an existing audience. While you can buy traffic and build your audience (which is the hardest part of getting the ball rolling), programs like 12 Minute Affiliate are most effective if you already have social media following or email list.
- So that doesn’t mean it’s not newbie friendly, it just means the cost and time it takes to see results can be significantly longer than their marketing may suggest.
- Pre-Selected Products to Promote — I really don’t know if you’ll be comfortable promoting/selling products that you didn’t choose yourself, and have no idea if they are good or not.
- As far as earning is concerned, they are likely high-converting as they’ve been chosen by Devon Brown and his team (who are experts in this sort of thing). But that doesn’t mean they are great products that deliver on their on promises.
- Limited Templates — If you were to use build your own site using WordPress or ClickFunnels for example, you’d have a lot of templates and options to choose from, and make your website truly unique.
- With 12 Minute Affiliate however, they have limited templates to choose from for your landing page (so you will end up with a the same landing pages every other member is using).
- Competition is High — While done-for-you systems make it easy, your competition among other 12 Minute Affiliate members will be high. And, if everyone is getting (and using) the same traffic source and landing pages, there is a good chance you are promoting the same products using the same templates to the same audience.
- Unknown Traffic Source — I really have no idea where 12 Minute Affiliate is getting their traffic. As I mentioned earlier, I have no reason to question the integrity or sincerity of Devon Brown, but the cost of traffic adds up and unfortunately, the only way to find out if it’s any good is to buy it first. There are no refunds on paid traffic.
- Money to Spend — Related to the last point, to get ahead of the game, you’ll need to have a significant budget to buy traffic. And remember their disclaimer — you should be willing to lose the money you put into the system.
So again… to be clear, all of these points are common to many make-money-online programs. If you’re just getting started online, these are the things you’ll want to consider when evaluating any system, course or program… not just 12 Minute Affiliate.