Tucson, AZ

Local Restaurant Hit With 7 Health Violations

Greyson F
https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=3Ipizj_0pv4qwio00
A local restaurant was hit with a number of health code violations.Photo byMikael SeegenonUnsplash

There is no shortage of eating options around Tucson. You can find traditional, upscale, fusions, and nearly anything else you might have a craving for. With so many restaurants coming and going it keeps the city’s health inspectors busy to stay on top of the annual inspections that need to be performed every year. During the most recent round of inspections, one particular location was hit with seven violations. This is after being visited a month earlier by the health inspector.

On October 30, the county health inspector paid a visit to Mr. Patron Restaurant at 5754 East 22nd Street here in Tucson. This inspection was dubbed an “educational” inspection, in which it would not count toward the official inspection grade. This is a common practice when a restaurant is new, if it has undergone some renovations, or if other new elements are going on. Basically, it is an inspection to help work the kinks out.

If an educational inspection goes well it may count as the annual inspection. However, during the October visit, the inspection turned up nine violations, including the restaurant not having a Certified Food Protection Manager certification, which is one of the first checks an inspector makes during a visit. Right out of the gate, it indicated there would be a follow-up inspection.

During the educational inspection, other issues were identified. This included running the washing machine without enough chlorine solution. The solution must be between 50 and 100 ppm (parts per million) in order to adequately disinfect and sanitize dishes. Because of the lack of cleaning solution the PIC (person in charge) was instructed they must hand wash everything until the chlorine solution can be replaced.

The restaurant also fell into the trap of not having food reach a low enough temperature inside the refrigerator. One of the most common issues flagged during inspections, food must not exceed 41 degrees, otherwise bacteria will begin to develop. Food inside the walk-in was measured at up to 46 degrees.

Beyond a few other issues with kitchen protocol, there were gaps in the back door, which make it easy for pests to easily enter the building. The restaurant was told to make the necessary repairs to the door.

On November 17, the health inspector returned to Mr. Patron Restaurant to check in on the corrections. However, the restaurant had only corrected two of the nine violations.





This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.

Comments / 8

Published by

I'm here to help bring you the latest and greatest in beer, food, and everything else in between.

Tucson, AZ
32K followers

More from Greyson F

Comments / 0