We're so glad these two have found one another!
In Des Moines, Iowa, as firefighter Malcolm Cortner assisted in extinguishing an apartment fire he and his team came across a 16-month old Mastiff who had been trapped in the fire. When Animal Control arrived to find the owner and the dog, they had determined that the sweet dog had suffered exposure to fumes, smoke, and other toxic air particles.
According to animal control, there were two options:
1. The owner would have very expensive medical expenses in order to save the dog.
2. The dog would need to be euthanized.
The owner opted to euthanize their very young, sweet pup. However, that's when Malcolm Cortner stepped in and offered to pay the medical expenses as well as adopt the dog, whom he later named George. With George's medical expenses all paid for and a new home ready to go, Malcolm and George have started their new lives with one another.
George is now a healthy, happy, fire-free puppy with his amazing dad, Malcom.
Everyday firefighters go out and risk their lives to save others and protect our homes, our property, and our land, we're just lucky that Malcolm also chose to protect, love, and care for George. What was one terrifying, awful incident, has turned into a lifetime of love, kindness, and companionship for George and Malcolm.
We're so lucky to live in a world with people like Malcolm in it. Thank you for your kindness, Malcolm, and give George a big pat on the head from us!