If you have a pet, every day is love your pet day. February 20 is designated as Love Your Pet Day! It’s a special day to show your pet extra love and attention. Here are ten fun ideas to celebrate National Love Your Pet Day with your dog.
10 Ways to Celebrate Love Your Pet Day
1. Go for an extra-long walk with your dog. Always make sure your dog is wearing a tag. Treats, water, and poop bags are a must bring on your walk. Remember to be a responsible dog parent, pick up your dog’s poop.
2. Pamer your dog. Opt to give your dog a bath. Why? Bathing your dog is a great bonding experience.
3. Take your dog on a staycation trip plus a hotel stay. Many hotel chains are rolling out the green carpet to accommodate dogs.
4. Do fun outdoor activities with your dog. Take your dog on a hike or go for a swim in a lake or beach. Pawsome way to expose your dog to new sights and smells.
5 Take your dog on a fun car ride and make sure your dog is safely buckled up or secured in your vehicle.
6. Take your dog shopping. There are so many malls and stores that are now dog-friendly. To be safe, you should call your local stores just to be sure they are indeed welcoming shoppers with dogs.
7. Make your dog some tasty special homemade treats. Try these dog treat recipes: Banana Strawberry Ice Cream, Nut n Honey Dog-Waffle, and Nutty Spinach-Apple Berry Bones Dog Treats. By making homemade dog treats, you have complete control over the ingredients so can ensure your dog’s safety.
8. PLAY With Your Dog! Play is a great activity for you and your dog. and strengthens your bond.
9. Simply relax with your dog. Take a day off from work and just chill and cuddle with your dog on the couch.
10 National Love Your Pet is also a day to encourage responsible pet care every day of the year. Provide proper care for your dog. It is vital, as a pet parent, to educate yourself on how to care for your dog. An annual vet exam is essential in helping your dog live long and healthy.
How are you celebrating National Love Your Pet Day?
Remember to honor yourself too for being a loving caring and responsible pet parent.