Many are surprised that my golden retriever SUGAR exceeded her life expectancy. Typically the life expectancy of a golden retriever is 10-12 yrs old. SUGAR lived for 15 years and 7 months. She was an active senior dog; enjoyed playing fetch, long walks and swimming. To help SUGAR lived a happy and healthy senior life, I was a proactive pet parent.
5 Ways To Help Your Senior Dog Live Happy and Healthy
1. It is vital, as a pet parent, to EDUCATE yourself on how to care for your senior dog. Learn the symptoms of common ailments in senior dog. Do not hesitate to consult your veterinarian. Keep an open-minded and learn all that you can about the things you know little about senior dog health.
2. Many pet parents believe that a nutritious diet can prevent many common health issues and contributes to a happy long life. It is important that you choose the proper DIET with the right nutrients to keep your senior dog active, happy, and healthy.
3. Incorporate PLAY and EXERCISE into your daily activities. It is crucial to keep your senior dog’s mind and body engage. A study shows that “Old Dogs Can Learn New Tricks.” Establish the right amount of activity for your senior dog.
4. For optimal health, enhance your dog’s diet with SUPPLEMENTS that can help your senior dog live a happy, healthy and active life. Adding supplements can boost joint health, imporve your dog's skin and help their digestive system.
5. Due to side effects, as much as possible, avoid giving Prescription Medication. There are many ways to naturally and effectively treat your senior dog.
Do you have a senior dog?
How do you keep your senior dog live happy and healthy?
Comments / 0