[Los Angeles, California (LAI)] - KTLA reports that the FBI is reaching out to the public for assistance in locating five individuals wanted for their alleged involvement in defrauding EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) users. According to information shared via a social media post from FBI Los Angeles, these individuals are suspected of illegally installing skimming devices on point-of-sale terminals to illicitly access funds from victims' EBT cards.
- Skimming Scam: The five wanted men are accused of engaging in bank fraud and aggravated identity theft related to an EBT skimming scam.
- Suspects' Identities: The individuals have been identified as follows:
- Birdal Osman
- Walerian Grabowski
- Ilie-Sebastian-Laur Vasilescu
- Bogdan Adrian Purgariu
- Silviu-Florin Spiridon
- Charges: Each of the suspects faces charges of bank fraud and aggravated identity theft.
- Last Known Location: According to the FBI, all five individuals were last seen in Southern California.
The FBI is urging anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of these individuals to come forward. You can contact the FBI Los Angeles at 310-477-6565 or visit the FBI Los Angeles Field Office website for more information.
This request for public assistance is part of ongoing efforts to combat fraud and protect the financial security of EBT users in the region.