Honey-roasted nuts make a delicious snack to keep on hand. Although I am using hazelnuts to make my recipe today, you can use pecans, almonds, peanuts, or a mixture of your preference.
- 3 1/2 cups (16-ounce bag) of hazelnuts, raw and unsalted
- 3 tablespoons of butter plus a little more butter to lightly grease the pan
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of granulated Splenda or fine sugar to be sprinkled on the hazelnuts after they're baked
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 3 tablespoons of butter for a few seconds in the microwave.
Now, add 3 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika to the melted butter. Stir well.
In a large bowl, add 3 1/2 cups of raw, unsalted hazelnuts. Pour the prepared honey mixture over the nuts. Use a wooden spoon to mix the nuts into the honey mixture. Stir until the hazelnuts are coated well.
Spread the honey-coated nuts onto a lightly buttered baking sheet. Then sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt over the top of them.
Bake the hazelnuts in a 350-degree oven for about 30 minutes.
Transfer the pan to a cooling rack and allow the hazelnuts to cool completely. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of granulated Splenda or fine sugar over the hazelnuts, if desired. Then separate the nuts by hand and store them in Ziploc bags or in an airtight container.