If you like devil's food cake, then you're going to love this chocolaty cookie recipe that makes about 2 dozen delicious, soft batch devil's food cookies with chocolate morsels in almost every bite! Ready to dig in?
- 1 1/2 cups of self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of butter, plus a little extra to grease the cookie trays
- 2/3 cup of packed Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1/2 cup of milk (I used almond milk, but any type will do.)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of chocolate morsels
In a bowl, add 1 1/2 cups of self-rising flour and 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder and stir.
In a separate bowl, add 1/4 cup of butter and 2/3 cup of packed Splenda brown sugar blend. Mix together until creamy. Then add 1/2 cup of milk, 2 eggs, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract. Blend until the ingredients are incorporated together.
Now, add the dry cocoa mixture to the wet mixture and blend thoroughly. Then add 1 cup of chocolate morsels and give the cookie dough a good stir.
Lightly grease two cookie trays with butter.
Using a medium-sized spoon, scoop up rounded spoonfuls of the cookie dough and drop them a few inches apart.
Bake cookies in a 350-degree oven for about 8 minutes.
Allow the cookies to cool for about 20 minutes on a cooling rack or pad. Then store them in an airtight Ziploc bag or container.