Chicken and Spanish rice quesadillas/Photo byGin Lee
Chicken and Spanish rice quesadillas
Here's another simple weeknight meal that can be prepared super fast and is extremely delicious. I used a package of 90-second Spanish rice to pull the recipe together faster. I hope you all enjoy the chicken and Spanish rice quesadillas as much as we do!
- 1-1/2 cups of cooked chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (8.8 ounce) package of 90-Second Spanish Style Rice with Tomatoes and Peppers Microwavable Pouch: Good & Gather is the brand that I used.
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 cup of shredded Mexican cheese
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
Check out my other article on low-fat chicken bites at Newsbreak to see how I prepared the chicken for this recipe.
Make the Spanish rice by following the instructions on the package.
Once you have the chicken and Spanish rice cooked, add both to a bowl and add 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, 1-1/2 teaspoons of dried onion flakes, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder. Stir the ingredients well.
Now, lightly coat the top of your griddle with cooking spray. Place two of the flour tortillas on the griddle over medium-low heat. Add spoonfuls of the chicken and rice mixture on top of the flour tortillas and spread the mixture out evenly.
Sprinkle the Mexican cheese over the chicken and rice filling. Place another flour tortilla on top of both.
Once the bottom of the tortillas is crisp to your preference, carefully flip the quesadillas over with a spatula and brown the other sides.
Turn off your griddle. Transfer the quesadillas to a cutting board and slice both of them in the center, then slice each half into three equal triangular shapes. Serve and enjoy!