Spanish rice burritos
Today, I am preparing delicious Spanish rice burritos. This recipe is very simple to make. I use one bag of 90-second Spanish rice, lean ground sirloin beef, refried beans, Mexican cheese, and seasonings to create a yummy filling to tuck inside soft flour tortillas.
The Spanish rice adds extra flavor and also creates a more filling burrito. So, you can use less meat and still have all the delicious flavor without breaking the bank.
The recipe takes about twenty minutes to make and it's perfect to prepare on a busy weeknight.
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1 package of 90-second Spanish style rice with tomatoes and peppers (I used Target brand Good & Gather.)
- 1 can of refried beans
- 1 cup of shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon of seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 package of 10 inch soft shell flour tortillas
In a skillet, add your ground beef, diced onion, and minced garlic. Cook on high heat for about fifteen minutes (until the meat is browned). Drain the grease. Then transfer the cooked meat to a bowl.
Now, add the spices to the meat mixture; stir well. Then add the refried beans and cheese; stir until combined.
Next, heat the ninety-second Spanish rice in the microwave. (Don't forget to open the bag slightly to vent the steam.)
Once the rice is heated up, add it to the meat, bean, and cheese mixture. Stir well.
Heat up the tortillas, then stuff them with the mixture. If desired, add salsa, guacamole, sour cream, etc..
Follow my diagram below to fill and fold the flour tortillas.
Serve and enjoy!
Comments / 0