Today, I am making a simple pizza from ingredients that I already have on hand. I will be using Bisquick, powdered eggs, powdered milk, water, and a few seasonings for my pizza batter. There's no yeast required to make the crust and there's no waiting. If you prefer, you can use eggs and milk instead of powdered, and I have included the amounts you'd need in the list of ingredients.
- 1 cup of Bisquick
- 4 tablespoons of powdered whole egg, or two eggs
- ¼ cup of powdered milk, or ⅔ cup of milk (if using milk, omit the water)
- ⅔ cup of water (omit if using regular milk)
- 6-ounce package of pepperoni
- 10 meatballs, sliced into smaller pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ¼-½ cup of pasta sauce
- Cheese of your choice (I used about 1 cup of Velveeta)
In a bowl, add the Bisquick, powdered eggs (or two eggs), powdered milk (or milk), and water (if using regular milk, omit the water). Stir the ingredients together until they're combined well. The ingredients will make a batter, not a dough. (Add any spices to your batter that you'd like. I added extra garlic powder to mine.)
Grease your pan with sides, or cast-iron skillet. I used a 9×13 inch pan. Next, pour the Bisquick batter into the prepared pan. Add the pepperoni, meatballs, diced onion, and all the spices. (Don't add your sauce, or cheese yet.)
Place the pan inside a 375 degrees F oven and bake for about twenty minutes.
Next, add your pasta sauce and cheese along with any other toppings you prefer on your pizza. Place in the oven again. Bake until the cheese is melted, and the crust has browned around the edges. (The bake time will vary depending on the size and thickness of your pan.)
Allow your pizza to sit for about ten minutes, then cut it into square pieces and serve. Enjoy!