Chocolate pudding cheesecake
The cheesecake recipe that I am sharing with you today is no-bake, and it is scrumptious! The recipe is also inspired by my mom's chocolate pudding mix cheesecake.
However, I made this particular cheesecake by making a homemade chocolate pudding mix today, because I couldn't find where I stashed my boxes of instant chocolate pudding. Plus, I had already promised my mom that I would be making her this particular cheesecake. So I couldn't disappoint! Too funny! Don't we all have moments like these?
- 1-8-ounce container of whipped topping such as Cool Whip
- 1-8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1-3-ounce package of chocolate pudding mix or homemade (I made homemade chocolate pudding mix instead: In a bowl, I combined ½ cup of Splenda, 3 tablespoons of cornstarch and 1/3 cup of cocoa powder.)
- 1-6-ounce graham cracker crust, store-purchased, or homemade (I made my crust by using 5 tablespoons of melted butter, ¼ cup of Splenda, and a little over 1-½ cups of grounded graham crackers, ¼ cup of cocoa)
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips for the pudding mix
- ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips to sprinkle over the whipped topping
In a medium-sized bowl, add the cream cheese, and beat with a mixer, then fold in half of the whipped topping, one cup of the semi-sweet chocolate chips and the dry pudding mix.
Now, transfer the cheesecake filling to a graham cracker crust, add the rest of the whipped topping.
Next, sprinkle on the rest of the chocolate chips and refrigerate. The cheesecake is best served after four-six hours.
This recipe can be made with any flavor of sugar-free or original dry jello and pudding mixes to make a variety of different flavored cheesecakes.
I will be writing separate articles to go more in depth about how I make homemade instant chocolate pudding mix and how I make a simple chocolate graham cracker crust.