(ATLANTA, Ga.) Who’s ready to experience virtual reality in the middle of the city? Don’t all raise your hands at once, but a new, immersive company is making its debut in Atlanta this summer and it's unlike anything you've encountered before.
Illuminarium Experience, a multi-sensory entertainment company provides virtual reality experiences without headgear. Illumnarium is making a home for itself on the Atlanta Beltline where residents and visitors of the city can take part in the action.
The company uses techniques in motion picture production and virtual reality to bring environments that we know and love to life. If you've had a travel bug or looking for an adventure that doesn't require a flight or road trip, this is for you.
So, you want the details? Here’s what I know so far:
- The exact location is on Poncey-Highland off the Beltline, just south of Ponce City Market
- The opening month is July, no exact date has been announced
- The first experience will be WILD: Safari Experience
- The second experience will be SPACEWALK, but it won’t debut until early 2022
- The WILD virtual experience will transport you from Atlanta to the plains of Masai Mara, watering holes of Samburu and the landscapes of Kruger Park
- Advance tickets are set to go on sale in May and you can sign up to be notified on their website
- If you’re of age, you can enjoy the experience's one-of-a-kind bar. After dark, the space becomes a cocktail lounge experience that encompasses visitors in magical (their words) and immersive settings
- Group experiences and private party options will be available for corporate clients, special occasions or school activities in addition to individual tickets