Call of Duty: Vanguard is releasing tomorrow and if you’re playing the game on PC then you probably want to know what specs you need to run the game. Activision has taken a stance this year to help reduce the massive file size of Call of Duty: Vanguard. This is in comparison to previous games that required over 100GB of storage space at launch. Thankfully on PC, Call of Duty: Vanguard is now sitting at 61GB of storage space.
Activision claims that gamers will have the option to install optional high-resolution texture packs that come in at either 32GB or 64GB. This depends on your settings and if your PC can meet the demand for the packs. Sure, this means Call of Duty: Vanguard comes in at 125GB but at least you have options to reduce these files down. For example, if you can’t or don’t want RTX, you can stick to the 32GB download. Or simply leave these packs alone.
The Call of Duty: Vanguard is now currently available to pre-load on the Battle.net launcher. The pre-load went live already either this week. As for the system requirements, take a look below:
Call of Duty: Vanguard PC System Requirements
- CPU – Intel Core i3-4340/AMD FX-6300 (minimum) OR Intel Core i5-2500K/AMD Ryzen 5 1600X (recommended)
- RAM – 8 GB (minimum)/16 GB (recommended)
- GPU – Nvidia GeForce GTX 960/AMD Radeon RX 470 (minimum) OR Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060/AMD Radeon RX 580 (recommended)
- Storage – 36 GB (Multiplayer + Zombies) or 61 GB (all modes)
- Video Memory – 2 GB (minimum) OR 4 GB (recommended)
Ultra RTX Settings
- CPU – Intel Core i7-8700K/AMD Ryzen 7 1800X (competitive) OR Intel Core i9-9900K/AMD Ryzen 9 3900X (Ultra RTX)
- RAM – 16 GB
- GPU – Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070/RTX 3060 Ti/AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (competitive) OR Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070/RTX 3080/AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT (Ultra RTX)
- Storage – 61 GB (all modes)
- Video Memory – 8 GB (competitive) OR 10 GB (Ultra RTX)
- Hi-Rez Assets Cache – 32 GB (competitive) OR 64 GB (Ultra RTX)
Activision has also released a PC-specific trailer that showcases some of the enhancements PC owners can look forward to on their rig. This includes an ultra-wide aspect ratio and some pretty sharp-looking textures. Take a look at it down below.