Switching from an Android to an iPhone might be a difficult task. It's a completely different ecosystem, more restricted and tightly wound. When it comes to data transmission, there are a few things you can do to make the process go more smoothly. While the two ecosystems are vastly different, a Google account can serve as a common ground for transferring data, including contacts. There are also additional tools that are specifically developed for this.
There are several ways for Android users to migrate their contacts to an iPhone. They can do so by using Apple's Move to iOS software, which was created particularly to assist you in transferring your data.
When you're setting up your iPhone, you can utilize this app. Users can also use a common Google account, manually upload contacts via a VCF file, or transfer contacts to your iPhone via the SIM card.
How To Use The Move To iOS App To Transfer Contacts From Android To iPhone
- On your Android phone, download the Move to iOS app from the Google Play store.
- Launch the app and select Continue.
- Terms and Conditions will appear on the screen. Select Agree from the drop-down menu.
- The app will then request location permission, as well as access to your contacts, calendar, storage, and SMS, which you must grant.
- Tap Continue on the Find Your Code screen. After that, you'll be asked to input a code.
- Switch to your iPhone and look for the Move Data from Android option during the setup process. It should be tapped.
- You'll be given a ten or six digit code. You should enter this code into your Android phone.
- A Transfer Data screen should appear, asking you to select the content you want to transfer. Select Contacts, as well as any other data you want to transfer, and then press Next.
- Leave both devices idle until your iPhone's loading bar disappears.
- When the loading bar is finished, tap Done on your Android phone or Continue on your iPhone to complete the setup.
How To Move Contacts From An Android Phone To An iPhone With A Google Account
- Make sure your contacts are synchronized with your Google account. To do so, go to your Android phone's Settings. Make sure you have a working internet connection as well.
- Go to Accounts and select your Google account from the drop-down menu.
- Select Account sync and then either tap the three dots menu to sync everything or toggle the Contacts toggle to off and back on to sync only the contacts.
- On your iPhone and go to Settings.
- Select Mail, then Accounts from the drop-down menu.
- Select Add Account and sign in with the same Google account that you used on your Android phone. Check to see if the Contacts toggle is on.
- You should now be able to see your Android contacts on your iPhone.
How To Move Contacts From An Android Phone To An iPhone Using A VCF File
- Launch the Contacts app on your Android phone.
- Select the Import/Export option from the gear icon or three dots menu.
- Select Export to Vcf file from the list of options. Depending on the Android phone, these settings may differ.
- Your contacts will be saved as a VCF file in your phone's storage.
- Send this file to your iPhone using either iTunes or simply by mailing it to yourself and using the same mail account on your iPhone to download it. There are a number various ways you can transfer a VCF file to your iPhone which you may refer to through this guide.
- When you open the VCF file, you should see a button that says "Add all contacts." It should be tapped.
- Your iPhone contacts should appear.
How To Use A Sim Card To Transfer Contacts From An Android Phone To An iPhone
- Open the Contacts app on your Android phone and tap the gear icon or the three dots menu.
- Select the SIM card you'll be using in your iPhone from the SIM card contacts list if you have a dual-SIM phone.
- Select Import from phone from the three-dot menu.
- You'll be prompted to select which contacts you'd like to transfer to your phone. You can either select all contacts or select them individually using the select all option. Then press Done.
- Remove the SIM card and insert it into your iPhone once the process is complete.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone and select Contacts.
- Press the Import SIM Contacts button and wait for the process to finish.
- Your iPhone should now display your contacts.
If you have questions, you can use the comment box, let's solve it together.
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.