This Carrot Cake Bread has all the flavors of your favorite spiced cake, but in loaf form! A carrot-y, nutty, and cinnamon-y sweet snack!
Why you will LOVE This Recipe
Ok people, Easter is coming up fast and you know what that means here in FFF land! Yup, that’s right- an influx of absolutely delicious carrot cake recipes! If baking up a batch of carrot cake paleo magic cookie bars wasn’t enough, and even dairy free carrot cake cheesecake didn’t fully do it for you, then you NEED to make this moist carrot cake bread recipe! That’s right- it is incredibly soft and moist and isn’t one bit dry. It’s also extremely flavorful with all those warm spices and perfectly sweet from the coconut sugar and natural sugars found in the carrots and pineapples. On top of all this goodness, this carrot cake bread is also perfect for all ages- it’s a crowd pleasing, soul nourishing snack to share with your loved ones this Easter season!
A lot of the ingredients you’ll need to pull together for this recipe are similar to my other loaf recipes- all you need to do is add in some carrot cake goodness and you’re off! You and your crew are going to fall in love with this SUPER tasty, extremely easy Carrot Cake Bread! Here’s what you’ll need to make it a reality:
- All purpose/ White whole wheat flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Coconut or Brown Sugar
- Coconut Oil
- Crushed Pineapple
- Grated Carrot
How to make Carrot Cake Bread
Turn on the oven so that it can heat up while you make the batter. Spray a loaf pan with oil and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, up to the eggs. In a separate, large bowl, add the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla and whisk to combine.
Carefully squeeze out a bit of the juice from the pineapple and stir it into the wet ingredients. Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in the carrots and pecans gently.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and pop it in the oven. Bake your bread until it is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let the bread cool COMPLETELY, then frost, slice and serve! Enjoy!
Make it Gluten Free: This carrot cake bread recipe can easily be made gluten free if you need it to be! Simply swap out the flour for your favorite gluten free 1:1 blend.
Make it Healthier: Swap out all purpose white flour for white whole wheat flour to make this bread a bit better for you!
Make it Lower Fat: Simply leave off the frosting if you need or want this bread to have a lower fat content.
Make it Nut Free: This bread has lots of flavor, so you can leave the nuts out to make it nut free and it will still be delicious!
How to store Healthy Carrot Cake Bread
Since this delicious Easter bread is so tender and moist, it’s important that it is not stored on the countertop. I recommend storing this bread in an airtight container or zip lock style bag in the fridge for 3-5 days.
How to Freeze Bread
I recommend slicing this carrot bread and then placing each slice into a small ziploc bag. Next, toss all the small bags into a larger, freezer style ziploc bag, label with the date and place it in the freezer. The carrot bread will last up to 3 months this way!
More delicious bread recipes
Carrot Cake Bread
SERVES:10 PREP:10 minutesCOOK:1 hourTOTAL:1 hour 10 minutes
- ▢1 1/2 Cups All purpose or white whole wheat flour (190g)
- ▢1 tsp Baking powder
- ▢1 tsp Cinnamon
- ▢1/2 tsp Baking soda
- ▢1/2 tsp Salt
- ▢1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- ▢2 Large eggs, at room temperature
- ▢1 Cup Coconut or brown sugar
- ▢1/2 Cup Coconut oil, melted
- ▢1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- ▢1/2 Cup Crushed pineapple
- ▢2 Cups Grated carrot, lightly packed
- ▢1/3 Cup Pecans, diced
For The Frosting:
- ▢4 Oz Cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ▢2 Tbsp Butter, softened to room temperature
- ▢1 Cup Powdered sugar
- ▢1/2 tsp Vanilla
- ▢Pinch of salt
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray and line the bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the ingredients up to the eggs.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla.
- Lightly squeeze out the pineapple and stir into the wet ingredients.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients. Then, fold in the carrots and pecans.
- Spread into the loaf pan and bake 55-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool COMPLETELY.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter with an electric hand mixer until fluffy. Add in the vanilla and salt and beat again
- Add in the powdered sugar a little at a time and beat
- Spread on the loaf and DEVOUR!