This easy Homemade Keto Low Carb Cereal tastes like cinnamon toast crunch but its gluten/grain/dairy/sugar free! Only 6 ingredients!
It’s time to separate the right cereal eaters from the wrong cereal eaters with this one question:
Do you eat cereal with milk OR without it, straight from the BOX?
My answer is 100% STRAIGHT FROM THE BOX. Do not like the soggy breakfast experience that happens when milk snuggles on up to the crispy squares.
When I went back to check, my bowl of low carb breakfast cereal was just hanging out, being it’s spicy-sweet squares of CRUNCHY self.
Internet friends. This might be a bold statement, but I think we have just discovered the BEST low carb cereal.
What cereals are good for Keto Diet?
To my knowledge, there are not a lot of traditional cereals that are low in carbs and on the list of keto diet foods, as many are grain-based and are packed with sugar.
Ingredients you will need
A lot of the recipes here on the blog are Keto, to suit those of my readers that choose to follow a Keto diet, but also just because low carb recipes can be SO diverse and delicious! Some of my favorite keto breakfast recipes would have to be Keto Low Carb Breakfast Bars, Keto Low Carb Egg Wraps, and now this cereal recipe joins the ranks! To make a batch of this keto cereal recipe easy, you will need a handful of ingredients that are healthy and that align with the Keto diet. This cereal is sweetened naturally and packed with protein for the most delicious and nutritious start to your day! Here’s what you’ll need to round up or grab from the store before getting started:
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Monk Fruit Sweetener
- Egg White
- Coconut Oil
How to make Keto Cereal Recipe
Turn on your oven and let it preheat while you work. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, add the coconut flour, almond flour, some of the monkruit, as well as the cinnamon and salt.
Add in the egg white and coconut oil. Using your hands, press the dough together until everything is well incorporated and you are able to form it into a ball.
Roll and Cut
Take half the dough and roll it between 2 large sheets of parchment paper until it is very thin. Cut the dough into small squares and transfer them to your prepared cookie sheet. Repeat with the remaining cereal dough.
Sprinkle the rest of the monkfruit evenly over top of the squares and place the pan in the oven. Bake for 5-8 minutes, but watch closely to ensure nothing burns!
Let the cereal cool COMPLETELY on the pan, then serve and enjoy!
What can I use instead of Monkfruit?
If you’re eating Keto but don’t have monkfruit sweetener or it’s simply not your favorite, you can totally swap it out for something that suits you. In my Homemade Paleo Cinnamon Toast Crunch, I used coconut sugar to sweeten the cereal. In this homemade keto cereal recipe, you can use any keto friendly sweetener you desire, such as swerve or erythritol. If you don’t need it to be Keto, coconut sugar is a great, less refined form of sugar to use!
Top Tips for Making keto cereal
- Roll the dough VERY thin: The thinner you roll the dough, the crispier and more crunchy your cereal squares will be! I recommend rolling it as thin as you can without breaking the dough.
- Cool it COMPLETELY: Don’t be tempted to dive in to a bowl of this tasty cereal until you’re sure it has cooled off all the way. When this cereal cools, it becomes more crispy which is the best way to enjoy it.
- Weigh your flour: When baking with gluten free ingredients, it’s especially important to weigh your flour to guarantee the best result.
How to store this Keto Cereal Recipe
This recipe lasts for up to a couple of weeks when stored properly! I recommend storing it at room temperature in an airtight container. It’s perfect when you need a quick, nutritious breakfast that will keep you full!
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Homemade Keto Low Carb Cereal
PREP:35 minutesCOOK:5 minutesTOTAL:40 minutes
- ▢1 Cup Almond flour (105g) *
- ▢1/4 Cup Coconut flour (25g)
- ▢4 1/2 Tbsp + 2 tsp Monkfruit sweetener, divided
- ▢2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- ▢1/4 tsp Salt
- ▢1 Egg white
- ▢2 Tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, 4 1/2 Tbsp of the monkfruit, cinnamon and salt until well mixed.
- Add in the egg white and melted coconut oil. Using your hands, press the mixture together until it begins to moisten and you can pack it into a ball.
- Place half the dough between two large pieces of parchment paper and roll out until VERY thin, about 1/16 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into 3/4 inch squares and gently transfer to the prepared sheets. Repeat with remaining dough **
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 tsp of monkfruit over the squares and bake until they just turn golden brown, about 5-8 minutes. They burn very quickly so watch them closely. Mine were perfect at 6-7 minutes. They will not be crunchy when they come out of the oven.
- Let the squares cool on the pan completely and then DEVOUR. And