Keto friends, I am about to blow your mind.
I MIGHT BE A CONVERT.
And this beautiful sweet-without-sugar treat is about to rock your taste buds.
Why this is the BEST Keto Chocolate Cake Recipe
If you or someone you’re close to is following a keto eating plan, then you know that it can sometimes be tricky to find delicious, healthy, filling recipes to make and enjoy! One thing that you should NOT have to give up when eating Keto, in my opinion, is DESSERT! You can indulge in Keto Snickerdoodles, Keto Pecan Pie, and now this Low Carb Keto Chocolate Cake I have for you today. It’s sweet, it’s satisfying, it's perfectly tender, and it’s HEALTHY! Loaded with protein thanks to the eggs and almond flour, this chocolate cake is going to blow your mind and your taste buds!
What makes this recipe Keto?
If you’re new to the Keto way of eating, here’s a bit of an overview of what kinds of food it includes. Keto is all about consuming high amounts of healthy fats and proteins and low amounts of carbohydrates and sugars. This chocolate keto cake is baked with 4 eggs and also uses almond flour instead of regular flour, which is packed with protein. It also includes Swerve sweetener which has no sugar in it, and avocado oil instead of butter. It’s the perfect keto treat!
To make this low carb keto chocolate cake, you’ll need a handful of healthy ingredients from the fridge and pantry. Isn’t it just the BEST when you’re eating a dessert that’s not only indulgent and satisfying, but also made with wholesome ingredients that are good for your body? There really can’t be a better dessert situation! Here’s what you’ll need before you get baking:
- Almond Flour
- Swerve Sweetener
- Cocoa Powder
- Coconut Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Large Eggs
- Avocado Oil
- Boiling Water
- Keto Chocolate Frosting
How to make the BEST Keto Chocolate Cake
Turn on the oven and let it heat up while you work. Line the bottoms of two round cake pans and rub the sides with oil.
To a large bowl, add all the ingredients up to the eggs, but not including them. Whisk until well combined. Add in the eggs, oil and vanilla and continue whisking until everything is smooth. Pour in the boiling water and whisk again until everything is well incorporated.
Divide your batter in between the two cake pans and pop them in the oven. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let the cakes cook COMPLETELY in the pans. Once cooled, frost with keto frosting, serve and DEVOUR!
Top Tips for Making Keto Chocolate Cake
- Don’t skip the parchment paper: When preparing the pans for baking your cakes, I recommend using parchment paper to line the bottoms, then rubbing the sides with oil. This will ensure nothing gets stuck and the cake will be easy to remove from the pans.
- Weigh the flour: I have found that the BEST results in baking are achieved when the flour is weighed, so I recommend doing so for this recipe!
- Cool completely: Fight the temptation to frost and slice your cake before it’s completely cool. It’s important to make sure it is totally cool so that the cake doesn’t crumble when you slice it, and so that the frosting doesn’t melt off of it.
more keto desserts
- sugar free low carb keto no bake cookies
- protein low carb keto brownies
- sugar free keto low carb lemon bars
Keto Chocolate Cake
- ▢2 Cups Almond Flour (200g) *
- ▢1 Cup Swerve sweetener
- ▢2/3 Cup Cocoa powder, sifted (60g)
- ▢1/4 Cup Coconut flour (25g) *
- ▢2 tsp Baking powder
- ▢3/4 tsp Salt
- ▢1 tsp Baking soda
- ▢4 Large eggs, at room temperature
- ▢1/2 Cup Avocado oil (canola or grapeseed would work too)
- ▢2 tsp Vanilla
- ▢1/2 Cup Boiling water
- ▢1 Batch Keto Chocolate Frosting
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees and line the bottom of two 8-inch cake pans with parchment paper and rub the sides with oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk all the ingredients up to the eggs (not including the eggs)
- Add in the eggs, oil and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Pour in the boiling water and whisk until well mixed.
- Divide the batter between the two pans and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool COMPLETELY.
- Frost and DEVOUR!
TIPS & NOTES:
*Please weigh your flour to ensure accuracy.