If I were asked to mention my one favorite thing that I love when visiting Burlingame, it is the many varieties of restaurants that are in the city. As a true foodie, rather than taking my dining experience to downtown san Francisco, I would rather visit Burlingame. The city is much more relaxed and peaceful and I enjoy my visits every time. Here are several restaurants I would like to recommend if you are either visiting or if you currently reside in Burlingame.
I have never been to this spot, and I think it’s a new spot that just recently opened within the first two months since this post. I was excited to try this new breed of pizza in Burlingame. I have never had a Mediterranean style pizza, but this won’t be my last after trying this spot! Here are some Turkish Pizza’s you must certainly try when you visit!
1. Etli Ekmek: This pizza is super long! Wow! I have never seen a pizza so long and so good. The Etli Ekmek is a crispy long flatbread (about 25 inches) topped with ground lamb and beef, tomatoes, onions, parsley and green pepper. The pizza is cut into rectangles and then served with a side of veggies and pickles to eat together. Don’t forget to order a side of cacik (the Turkish yogurt) to dip! It’s a solid and sharable option that I would highly recommend ordering.
2. Tombik: This is a fluffy round bread stuffed with your choice of gyro (I highly recommend the lamb gyro) and then comes with a salad and fries on the side. The description of the sandwich does not do this menu item justice, because it was absolutely amazing in flavor. It’s hard to find a restaurant that will make your food like the pictures, but this place does it right! The bread was made fresh and oh so chewy and flavorful all together. I would recommend this item for a quick lunch bite of if you are not in the mood for a Turkish pizza. But for me personally, I would get both and share it!
LOCATION: 1199 Broadway Burlingame, CA 94010
Le Croissant Café
Oh my goodness. If you are looking for a place to have your morning coffee and delicious breakfast, Le Croissant Café is the place to be! Not only is their service beyond amazing, but all of the different croissants and croissant sandwiches they have to offer are spectacular. Here are some of my personal favorites for when you visit!
1. Florentine Croissant: Oh my oh my, when I first took a bite of the Florentine croissant, my eyes lit up! The Florentine croissant is packed with scrambled eggs, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, cheese, and avocado. The croissant was so flakey and buttery as it should be. If this is your first time visiting, I recommend ordering this croissant sandwich.
2. Sausage Croissant: For those who like a rich and hearty breakfast croissant, try the sausage croissant sandwich! It includes a patty sausage, your choice of eggs (scrambled or fried), and cheese. I surely am full for half of the say after eating this sandwich!
3. Sweet Croissants and Latte Combo: For those who are in a rush and just want a quick pastry and coffee on to go, I highly recommend ordering the almond croissant or the raisin croissant with a latte! Yum!
LOCATION: 1151 Broadway Ave Burlingame, CA 94010
Young Can Wok
If you are looking for solid and hidden Chinese restaurant, you have to try Young Can Wok in Burlingame. This place is a neighbor favorite and the owners that run the restaurant are super friendly and amazing. I love coming here to support their business and their delicious food! Here are some items I would recommend ordering if you plan on visiting Young Can Wok in Burlingame.
1. Neptune’s Hot and Soup: I am not entirely sure why they call it Neptune’s. Maybe it’s because it’s so good that the flavors are “out of this world” (pun intended). But it is a solid soup choice.
2. Pumpkin Prawns with Candied Walnuts: If you love walnut prawns, this probably will be one of the best candied walnut prawns you’ve ever had! The shrimp pieces are larger than normal Chinese restaurants, the prawns are fried to crispy perfection also with candied walnuts and pumpkins! The prawns are topped with a sweet mayo glaze and they tasted absolutely delicious.
3. Mongolian Beef: I love this dish because it has delicious and juicy stir-fried beef with vegetables over a layer of crispy fried noodles to give it that extra texture in taste and in flavor. I loved how the dish itself was not too greasy or oily and did not make me feel heavy after eating it like how normally Chinese dishes would make you feel.
4. Sesame Chicken: I typically enjoy dishes that are both sweet and salty and this sesame chicken hit the spot when I first tried it! If you normally come here for lunch, Young Can Wok offers this particular item in the lunch special which comes with a side soup, salad, broccoli, and a scoop of rice for about $12! It is more than enough food and great for it’s price.
LOCATION: 1200 Broadway Burlingame, CA 94010
I have only been able to visit this café once, but I remember I had a pleasant experience with both the service and the food so I wanted to mention what I ordered and recommend from my visit! I apologize it is only one menu item recommendation since I have only had the opportunity to visit them once! However, if you have visited Gigi’s before, feel free to leave your sandwich suggestions in the comments below!
1. Thanksgiving Dinner Sandwich: This is the sandwich that changed the game for me! Not only is the sandwich large enough to fulfill two meals for me, it was also decently priced as well! This sandwich comes with all of the thanksgiving essentials like turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and even fried onions! It may sound like a very heavy sandwich, but the veggies inside the sandwich balanced the flavors out beautifully!
LOCATION: 111 Anza Blvd Ste 111 Burlingame, CA 94010