Photo By visitconcordca.com
Ever since the pandemic outbreak last year, I am sure it has been extremely difficult for everyone. It has been difficult for many people to adjust, not to mention for many small businesses. I am always on the lookout for ways to stay active in a safely manner, all while supporting my local community and businesses! Here are a list of activities and things to do if you are living in Concord, CA or if you are visiting during this time. These are some of my favorite things to do:
VISTING TODOS SANTOS PLAZA
This is my favorite spot in Concord to visit because not only are there a variety of different restaurants and shops here, but there is also a park and open area to stroll and even practice social distancing during this time. This plaza compared to other plazas in Concord is very peaceful and at the same time also very lively. There is a big open area with trees, parks, and I believe the plaza also has free wi-fi. Not to mention, parking is free here and there are also free parking structures near the plaza as well! Some of the places I enjoy eating in this downtown area are from the following:
- Boba Spots: There are two! One is called Sharetea and the other one is called T4! Both have a wide selection of boba drinks and teas. T4 also has delicious popcorn chicken so be sure to check them out as well!
- Dining Spots: Some of my favorite places to eat here include Naan and Curry which has very affordable and delicious Indian curry dishes! Its definitely a local favorite. Lima has extremely good Peruvian food! I love the Lomo Saltado that Lima has to offer and its also a good place for drinks as well. Yum Squared has a good variety of delicious Thai food dishes! My personal favorite from Yum Squared is their Pad Thai noodles! Ramen 101 also has pretty generous servings of ramen as well!
- Beer: If you are into beer, definitely give EJ Phair Brewing Company a try! They have a wide selection of house beers on tap and they also have extremely good service! The Hop Grenade is also a good spot to have beer as well!
- Dessert: I have been a huge fan of CREAM ever since they opened in Berkeley, CA. I was excited when they opened a spot in Todos Santos Plaza! Go to CREAM for delicious ice cream sandwiches. Cinnaholic has delicious cinnamon rolls to fulfill your sweet tooth cravings as well.
SOLANO DRIVE-IN THEATER
I haven’t been to a movie theater in almost a year since the pandemic. When I found out that the Solano Drive-in theater was open for business during the shelter in place order, I was really excited to go and support my local one-of-a-kind business in Concord! If you haven’t heard of it before, then definitely check out West Wind Solano Drive-In. Whether you are with roommates or your family, this activity makes for a fun, affordable evening out when you are tired of watching movies from home and want a change of scenery (pun intended). Showtimes generally start at night and I believe general admission tickets start at $8.50 per person!
HIKING AND BIKING
I have always loved living in this part of the Bay because there are so many places to go hiking and set foot outdoors when you are tired of being cooped up in the house. All while practicing social distancing and keeping your mask on, Concord has a number of hiking trails to try out!
- If you haven’t heard of it before, one of the most famous hiking spots is at Mt. Diablo! Mt. Diablo has so many trails to hike and when you reach the top of your hike, you will be rewarded with amazing views of Concord and more!
- If you are into biking or even running, the best spot to go and have an adventure is the Contra Costa Canal Trail. It is about a 23-mile path that runs through several towns and parks. It goes through the following cities as well: Concord, Martinez, Pleasant Hill, and Walnut Creek!
If you love golfing, you will for sure love that Concord, CA is a golf friendly city. Some of the golf courses I have been to are fun and easy to practice your golfing skills no matter if you are beginner or intermediate at golfing.
- Buchanan Fields Golf Club is the perfect course for fans of a quicker game of a public nine-hole course. The shorter layout offers three sets of tee boxes for a fun-for-all-levels golfing experience while still giving more advanced players an opportunity to practice their swing. You can swing away after a meeting or day at the office at the driving range. An NCGA member club, the course encourages men and women golfers of all skill levels, along with discounts on merchandise and green fees. With over 265 sunny days of the year in Concord, enjoy some free time outdoors in Concord!
- Diablo Creek Golf Course is a beautiful course where you can enjoy lush, manicured greens (they have their own well!) along a public 18-hole course, where you’ll be challenged by long fairways and water hazards. This course pleases all with the right blend of challenging conditions, well-maintained fairways and greens, and a well-stocked pro shop. The course also features Legends Sports Bar and Grill where you can grab a cold beverage or a bite to eat while listening to music or watching TV sports.
- For more information visit visitconcordca.com or follow the links to each of the golf courses!
I have always enjoyed escape rooms, but never came across any in Concord until several years ago when the Veranda Shopping Center opened up! When Veranda opened up, I was really excited to see an escape room activity spot opened! It is called Red Door Escape Room and they are open for business during this time! They have a variety of escape rooms to choose from and they are all very fun! Escape rooms are fun and exciting with a small group or with your family! Be sure to give Red Door Escape Room a visit when you have time!