Craving something sweet but don't want to pull out all the bowls and mixer? Here's a super easy way to satisfy that sweet tooth with just a handful of ingredients and a few minutes of your time.
Crazy Easy Crescent Roll Pastries
- 1 package of refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup powdered confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp. water or milk
How to Make:
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Unroll the dough and separate into triangles. Arrange on a baking sheet. (For best results, use a non-stick pan or line with parchment paper or silpat)
3. Top each dough triangle with a few chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
4. Roll the dough to form crescents.
5. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until lightly browned.
6. While rolls are baking, combine the confectioners sugar with just enough water or milk to make a thin glaze.
7. When rolls are done baking, remove from oven and drizzle with sugar glaze. Serve while still warm.
You can use any ingredients you have on hand to fill the rolls. Here are some ideas:
- sweetened cream cheese (mix with confectioners sugar)
- cherry pie filling
- butter, brown sugar, cinnamon mixture
In place of sugar glaze, you can sprinkle the top with confectioners sugar or drizzle with melted chocolate - or just leave plain.
Store any leftovers in a sealed container. To reheat, warm in the microwave on 50% power for 5 to 10 seconds.