[VIDEO] Lake George, NY Firefighters battle early morning blaze on Mill Road.
LAKE GEORGE, NY - At approximately 2:00am on August 8, 2023, the Lake George Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched to a house fire on Mill Road behind the Lyn Aire Motel on Route 9. First companies on scene found a 1 story home heavily involved in fire. The homeowner, Tony Kypreos, made it out of the home to safety, but not before desperately trying to rescue his beloved dog Buckaroo. It was reported that a large propane blast forced Kypreos to end his search due to dramatically deteriorating conditions inside of the home and Buckaroo unfortunately did not make it out. Several local fire departments responded mutual aid including North Queensbury, Luzerne-Hadley, Bolton, Warrensburg, Bay Ridge, Queensbury Central, West Glens Falls, Pilot Knob, Chestertown, South Queensbury and Corinth. The fire is under investigation but believed to be accidental at this time. A Gofundme was set up by Kypreos’ nephew to help him build back after losing everything.
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.
Full time career fireman that owns and operates FIREGROUNDIMAGES.COM. While off-duty, I have been shooting and reporting on 1st Responder incidents and spot news for over 22 years. Many of my images have been published nationally, as well as having my video footage seen across all platforms. I am also an FAA Licensed Commercial Drone Pilot and have used UAVs to cover news from above. I will also be posting on some other non fire subjects such as travel, local events, etc. But the majority of my focus will be on news. Follow me if you think this would interest you -Keith Muratori