Tecumseh, MI

Mom of five Dee Ann Warner vanished after texting a friend she was "done" with her marriage. That was over a year ago.

Fatim Hemraj

Dee Ann WarnerABC News

52-year-old Dee Ann Warner lived in Tecumseh, Michigan with her husband, Dale, and their 9-year-old daughter, Angelina. The couple ran a farm together and Dee Ann has four adult children from a previous marriage.

On April 24, 2021, Dee Ann texted her friend, Amy that she was having a “bad, bad day.” According to a statement released by her brother, Gregg Hardy, Dee Ann wrote she was “done” with her marriage.

Gregg said Dee Ann planned to tell Dale she wanted a divorce that night at 8 pm and she was concerned about how he would react. Loved ones later told the police she often showed up with bruises after the couple argued and that she was preparing to escape the relationship.

At 7:42 pm, Amy picked Angelina up for a sleepover so that Dee Ann could break the news to Dale. At 10:24 pm, Amy texted Dee Ann asking how she was doing. A half-hour later, Amy received a response that simply read “K.” Investigator Billy Little doesn’t believe Dee Ann sent that text message.

Dee Ann’s daughter, Raquel dropped by the next morning but she was nowhere to be found and her phone went straight to voicemail. After an exhaustive search, loved ones called the police and reported her missing.

Dee Ann and Dale WarnerYouTube

Dee’s travel bag, phone, purse, and curling iron were gone but her car was still in the driveway. More than a year later, her bank account remains untouched and there hasn’t been any activity on her phone or social media accounts.

According to the Daily Telegram, Dale told the police he got into a “business argument” with Dee Ann and two employees who worked at their farm.

He claimed they made up and he gave Dee Ann a massage before she fell asleep on the couch. Dale claimed that Dee Ann was still asleep on the couch when he left for work at 6 am the next morning but when he returned, she was gone and her $50,000 wedding ring was sitting on his desk.

Despite Dee Ann's sudden disappearance, Dale didn’t seem too concerned. He told the police she left him and that it wasn’t the first time. He said she had likely gone to Mexico or Jamaica and handed them a goodbye note in her handwriting that the FBI later determined was written four years earlier.

According to NBC News, a large-scale search using helicopters, drones, and cadaver dogs was conducted but no sign of Dee Ann was found.

The farm was searched in October but it too proved to be fruitless. When authorities brought cadaver dogs to search a barn, Dale informed them he had applied a fertilizer that would kill the animals instantly. As a result, the barn has never been searched.

The authorities say home surveillance footage doesn’t show Dee Ann ever leaving. They have named Dale a person of interest in her disappearance.

If you have any information, contact Michigan State Police at 855-MICH-TIP.

Comments / 525

Published by

Hi, I'm a full-time true crime writer on Medium and NewsBreak.


More from Fatim Hemraj

Comments / 0