The City of El Paso encourages residents to stay active by promoting better health and wellness through the Live Active EP program.
Getting healthy and trying to stay in shape can be an ongoing challenge for many. New Year’s resolutions only get you so far. It can be difficult to develop and maintain a routine of working out, or at least getting some regular exercise. Between work, school, family, and friends, life can seem busy enough already.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, The City of El Paso introduced it’s — Live Active EP platform.
According to their website:
“Live Active EP began as an initiative to improve the overall health of our community as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. As we continue to navigate through the COVID-19 crisis, it is vital to take an active lead to assist our community in focusing on their personal fitness and nutrition so that everyone is be ready, physically and mentally, for the next possible wave of COVID-19 infections and the upcoming flu season.”
The idea is to encourage residents of El Paso to get active, and remain active throughout the year by offering a variety of activities.
This Saturday, June 26th they will be hosting a 3K Walk run in Northeast El Paso at Veterans park.
Announced via — Live Active EP social media:
Join us this Saturday, June 26th for our first free 3K Walk/Run Challenge at Veterans Park from 8am — 10 am. We will be hosting monthly 3K Walk/Run, be a part of all of them to receive a free Live Active EP T-Shirt.
The City of El Paso introduced Live Active EP in July 2020, as “a free platform for the community and the City of El Paso to join together in a citywide movement to promote better health and wellness by encouraging physical activity, improved nutrition, and strong mental health.”
Take a look at their website, which features a calendar of all upcoming events — Live Active EP.
The events range from; Zumba, Yoga, Kickboxing, Bike Riding, Meditation, and more. They even offer nutrition information and cooking classes.
Also, happening tomorrow in case you'd rather bike ride than walk or run there is a bike ride along river park trail in west El Paso.
Join Paso del Norte Trail , Celebration of Our Mountains, and Live Active EP for a bike ride along the River Park Trail. Where: Park at Family Dollar, 8000 Doniphan Dr, Vinton, TX 79821 This Saturday, June 26, 2021 @ 7:30 AM
Benefits of Regular Exercise, as stated by healthline:
1. It can make you feel happier — Exercise has been shown to improve your mood and decrease feelings of depression, anxiety, and stress.
2. It can help with weight loss — Exercise is crucial to supporting a fast metabolism and burning more calories per day.
3. It is good for your muscles and bones — Physical activity helps you build muscles and strong bones. It may also help prevent osteoporosis.
4. It can increase your energy levels — Even in people with persistent fatigue and those suffering from serious illnesses.
5. It can reduce your risk of chronic disease by helping you to maintain a healthy weight.
6. It can help skin health by providing antioxidant protection and promoting blood flow.
7. It can help your brain health and memory by improving blood flow to the brain.
8. It can help with relaxations and sleep quality, and help you feel more energized during the day.
9. It can reduce pain and increase pain tolerance.
10. It can promote a better Sex Life in both men and women by improving function and performance.
Let us know your thoughts and feedback, El Paso.
How do you stay healthy and active?
Live Active, El Paso!
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.