A little before 10 am on Saturday, April 24, an 8-year-old Yorkshire terrier named Denim was reported missing.
The dog was reported missing from Sacramento Street and Bancroft Way in southwest Berkeley.
The dog was last seen several hours earlier, having gone missing early in the morning.
The dog’s name is Denim. He is a male Yorkie with gray-and-blonde fur. He appears younger and smaller than 8 years old.
If you find Denim, you can contact Berkeley Animal Services with a description of the pet.
If you see any “lost pet” posters in the area, follow the contact information on the poster instead.
Tips for Pet Owners
If you are currently a pet owner and haven’t considered the possibility of your pet going missing, here is what you can do should it become necessary:
· Place a "Lost" ad on Nextdoor, Craigslist or similar sites
· Call the shelter to see if your pet has been found.
· Check other local animal shelters and complete their lost report forms: Oakland Animal Control - (510) 535-5603; Contra Costa County (Martinez) - (925)608-8400.
· Make up flyers, preferably featuring a photo of the pet, with as accurate a description of the pet as possible;
· Notify neighbors of your lost pet.
· Go out and look for your pet.
· If your pet is not neutered, un-neutered cats and dogs can roam for miles, so the search will have to cover a broader area than for altered animals - another reason to have pets spayed/neutered, according to the City of Berkeley.