It doesn’t have to be a special occasion to serve a standing rib roast but doing so will make any night feel more special. This Rosemary Garlic Herb Rib Roast is not only delicious but sure to impress.
What is a rib roast?
Rib roasts are the cream of the crop when it comes to beef roasts. It is a tender, flavorful, and expensive cut of meat taken from the rib section.
Even though it is expensive, sometimes supermarkets will have it on sale around the holidays. Because it’s so expensive, you don’t want to cook it to well done. I don’t suggest rare either because it’s not a safe temperature.
This prime rib roast should be cooked between medium rare and medium for the best flavor.
What ingredients do I need for a flavorful prime rib recipe?
A rib roast is very conducive to various flavors and rubs.
- Standing Rib Roast – 4 – 6 pound size feeds four people.
- Unsalted Butter – you’re going to add salt so stick with unsalted here.
- Garlic – just a few cloves are needed.
- Rosemary – you’ll need a few sprigs.
More Special Occasion Meals
We love to make this rib roast for Easter or Christmas. More special occasion meals include:
- Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens – perfect for any occasion. Everyone gets their own serving.
- Caprese Chicken with Bacon – Suitable for an intimate dinner for two or a dinner party with friends.
- Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Roll-Ups – Delicious and impressive.
Visit Family Around the Table for the complete printable recipe and tips for making my Rosemary Garlic Herb Rib Roast.
Comments / 0