Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC) is unveiling its much anticipated Economy Parking Garage. It officially opens at 7 a.m on July 1. You can park there for a bargain introductory rate of $15 a day through July 31.
The San Jose Airport's multi-level garage, located in the northeast area of the Airport, boasts hundreds of new parking spaces and provide more on-site parking options for travelers from all over the Bay Area.
The airport says that with just a quick shuttle ride to the terminals, the new garage is the most economical parking option at SJC. Before arriving at the Airport, passengers can check SJC’s on-site parking availability in real-time by visiting https://bit.ly/2SpPCaa. The Airport Parking page includes a map of all parking options and rates, along with parking availability in real time.
The economy parking lot is significantly less costly that closer garages. Parking Lot 3 (garage) in Terminal B and Lot 5 (closest to Terminal) has a rate of $24 per day. Lots 2 and 4 are $18 per day.
“The new Economy Parking Garage offers another great example of what the Airport has been doing throughout the pandemic to prepare for the return of passenger traffic,” said SJC Airport Director, John Aitken. “Introducing such a substantial piece of new infrastructure is a tremendous success for our team and offers both value and convenience to our customers. We’re particularly pleased to do so as we continue to focus on helping the traveling public readjust and travel with confidence after the pandemic.”
The upcoming 4th of July is expected to cause a busy travel weekend, these additional travel tips from the aiprort may help you get to the boarding gate safely and faster:
- "Face coverings are required in all Airport facilities.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and clean your hands.
- Always wear socks when traveling, so if you need to remove your footwear for TSA screening you are not barefoot.
- Place items from your pockets inside your carry-on bag before arriving at the TSA screening checkpoint to reduce your contact with surfaces and reduce waiting time.
- TSA allows one up to 12-ounce liquid hand sanitizer container per passenger in carry-on bags.
- Check in online in advance and print a boarding pass. TSA and SJC airlines accept mobile boarding passes but having a printed pass can be helpful if a mobile device experiences power or connectivity issues.
- Even with a boarding pass, reconfirm airline flight status before leaving for the airport.
- Flight schedules may change at the departure or arrival city due to inclement weather or other factors.For more airport information, visit https://www.flysanjose.com. "
All of the Bay Area airports report a huge increase in travelers as vaccination rates in some parts of the Bay Area are as high as 80%. Just remember to bring a mask which is still required in airports and in planes.
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.