Dicle Belül has an affiliate partnership and his post includes affiliate links. If you purchase anything through these affiliated links, the author/website may earn a commission. Thank you for your support.
Here are ten foods that typically contain no added sugars:
- Fresh fruits: Fruits like berries, apples, oranges, pears, and watermelon are naturally sweet and contain no added sugars. However, they do contain natural sugars, so portion control is still important.
- Vegetables: Most vegetables, like broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, kale, and bell peppers, have negligible amounts of sugar and are excellent choices for a low-sugar diet.
- Plain Greek yogurt: Unsweetened Greek yogurt is a great source of protein and probiotics with no added sugars. You can add fresh fruits or a drizzle of honey if desired.
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, walnuts, chia seeds, flaxseeds, and other nuts and seeds have little to no sugar and provide healthy fats and essential nutrients.
- Eggs: Eggs are naturally sugar-free and offer an excellent source of protein.
- Lean meats and fish: Unprocessed meats like chicken, turkey, beef, and fish contain no sugars and are essential for a balanced diet.
- Avocado: Avocado is a nutrient-rich fruit with no sugar, offering healthy monounsaturated fats and various vitamins and minerals.
- Quinoa: Quinoa is a low-sugar whole grain alternative, rich in protein, fiber, and several essential nutrients.
- Legumes: Foods like lentils, chickpeas, and black beans are no added sugar and provide a good source of plant-based protein and fiber.
- Plain unsweetened oatmeal: Rolled oats or steel-cut oats are a great choice for a low-sugar breakfast option. You can add fresh fruits, nuts, or a sprinkle of cinnamon for natural sweetness and flavor.
- Unsweetened nut butter: Natural nut butter like almond butter or peanut butter with no added sugars provide healthy fats, protein, and is a delicious spread for toast or as a dip for fruits and vegetables.
- Plain herbal tea: Herbal teas like chamomile, peppermint, or rooibos are naturally free of sugars. They offer a soothing and flavorful beverage option without any added sweeteners.
It's essential to remember that while these foods contain no added sugars, some naturally contain small amounts of sugars. Always check food labels and ingredient lists to ensure there are no added sugars if you are strictly avoiding sugar.
Additionally, a balanced diet includes a variety of food groups to meet all nutrient needs.