Dicle Belül has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services
Chocolate salami is a delicious no-bake dessert that looks like a salami but is made with chocolate and various ingredients. It's a popular dessert in many countries and is perfect for those who love chocolate. Here's a simple chocolate salami recipe:
- 200g (7 oz) dark chocolate, chopped
- 100g (3.5 oz) coconut oil
- 150g (5.3 oz) coconut sugar or another natural sweetener
- 200g (7 oz) digestive biscuits or whole grain biscuits, crushed into small pieces
- 100g (3.5 oz) chopped nuts (e.g., almonds, walnuts, or hazelnuts)
- 2-3 tablespoons cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar or powdered coconut for dusting (optional)
- Prepare the Chocolate Mixture:
- In a heatproof bowl, melt the chopped dark chocolate and coconut oil over a double boiler or in the microwave in short bursts, stirring until smooth.
- Mix the Ingredients:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted chocolate mixture, coconut sugar, crushed vegan biscuits, chopped nuts, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Shape the Mixture:
- Lay a sheet of plastic wrap on the countertop. Place the chocolate mixture on the plastic wrap and shape it into a log or sausage-like shape, about 20-25 cm (8-10 inches) in length.
- Chill the Chocolate Salami:
- Wrap the chocolate mixture tightly with the plastic wrap, twisting the ends to secure it. Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Coat with Powdered Sugar:
- Remove the chocolate salami from the refrigerator and unwrap the plastic wrap. Roll the chocolate salami in powdered coconut or powdered sugar to give it the appearance of salami.
- Slice the chocolate salami into rounds to resemble slices of salami and serve.
- Garnish with additional cocoa powder or crushed nuts before serving for added flavor and texture.
Enjoy your healthier chocolate salami!