If you're looking to increase your hydration through your diet, here are the top 5 most hydrating foods:
1. Iceberg Lettuce: With a water content of 96%, iceberg lettuce is the food with the highest water content. While it may be low in nutritional value compared to other salad greens, it is still a good source of hydration.
2. Cucumber: Cucumbers are packed with about 95% water and are also rich in potassium, which may help prevent stroke. They also contain fisetin, an anti-inflammatory substance that promotes brain health.
3. Zucchini: With a water content of 95%, zucchini is not only hydrating but also low in calories. It can be a perfect substitute for pasta when spiralized into zoodles.
4. Celery: Celery is a hydrating powerhouse, containing 95% water. It also contains luteolin, a flavonoid that has the potential to inhibit cancer cell growth, particularly in the pancreas. Additionally, apigenin, a compound found in celery, has been found to prevent breast cancer cells from multiplying and spreading.
5. Radishes: With a water content of 95%, radishes have a cooling effect on the body. They are known to help alleviate excess heat in the body and can be a refreshing addition to your diet.
Incorporating these hydrating foods into your meals can help boost your hydration levels and provide various health benefits.
UCLA Health - 15 foods that help you stay hydrated