The Boston Parks and Recreation Department has invited the community to join them for Boston’s newest holiday tradition: the Lighting of the Ship at Martin’s Park! According to the event details shared by the City of Boston, "Martin’s Park will be transformed into a beautiful holiday display when the ship, surrounding beach fencing, and pedestrian bridge are illuminated with over 1,500 feet of blue and white tube lights." The City of Boston has revealed they have a great evening planned with tasty treats and visits from exciting guests. Activities will include:
- Santa will be arriving by boat with the Boston Police Harbor Unit at the Harborwalk
- The Grinch
- A Cappella Group Ball in the House
- Wally the Green Monster
- Seaport’s very own “Betty the Yeti”
- Hot cocoa will be provided by Tuscan Kitchen
- BFD Fire Truck
- Boston Park Rangers
- Custom made ornaments
- Fun Holiday photo ops
If this sounds like a new tradition you don't want to miss, then mark your calendar for Saturday, November 25th. For the most up-to-date information about this event, visit www.boston.gov/calendar/2023-lighting-ship-martins-park.
The 2023 Lighting of the Ship at Martin's Park
- WHERE: Martin’s Park (64 Sleeper Street, Boston, MA)
- WHEN: Saturday, November 25, 2023
- TIME: 4 pm - 6 pm
- MORE INFO: https://www.boston.gov/calendar/2023-lighting-ship-martins-park
Want To Feel More Connected To Your Community?
If you'd rather start your week feeling more connected to your community than be disappointed it's Monday, sign up for my free newsletter, Community Connections!