Just because the kids are back in school and the days are getting shorter doesn't mean that farmers' market season is over! Although summer is the first season that comes to mind when it comes to fresh produce and local products, don't let the falling leaves fool you, fall is a great time to check out your local farmers market! So grab your reusable bag, check out this list, and head out to the nearest farmers' market to enjoy a day of community, discovery, and fun!
Braintree Farmers Market
The Braintree Farmers Market holds an in-person market until mid-October and then returns again for Thanksgiving. This beloved local resource then moves to a virtual option during the colder months, allowing locals a way to have easy access to local vendors, business owners, and farmers in their area.
- WHERE: Braintree Town Hall Mall (One JFK Memorial Drive, Braintree, MA 02184)
- WHEN: Saturdays 9 AM - 1 PM
- Outdoor Market Dates: June 17th - October 14, 2023
- Thanksgiving Holiday Farmers Market: November 18, 2023
- VIRTUAL OPTION: Throughout the year a virtual market operates every Saturday through www.Market2Dayapp.com (Order by Thursdays before midnight for Saturday delivery or community hub pickup)
- MORE INFO: For the most up-to-date information visit braintreefarmersmarket.org
Hanover Farmers Market
From local farmers to small businesses, the Hanover Farmers Market is a great place to visit to find everything on your shopping list.
- WHEN: Third Sunday of every month until November 19th
- TIME: 11 AM - 2 PM
- WHERE: Hanover High School (287 Cedar Street in Hanover, MA)
- MORE INFORMATION: thehanoverfarmersmarket.com
Hingham Farmers Market
The Hingham Farmers Market prides itself in being the third oldest farmers market in Massachusetts! The weekly market that is held on Station Street offers a "$20 SNAP match, a HIP farmer, and some of the best local food the area has to offer."
- WHEN: Saturdays until November 20th from 9 AM - 1 PM
- WHERE: 95 Station Street, Hingham, MA
- MORE INFORMATION: For the most up-to-date information visit hinghamfarmersmarket.org
Plymouth Farmers Market
After over a decade of being hosted at the Plimoth Patuxet Musuens, the Plymouth Farmers Market has announced that the 2023 season marks the year the market moves to a new location at the Plymouth G Pub Entertainment Complex in West Plymouth Square.
- WHEN: Thursdays until October 26th from 2:30 PM - 6 PM
- WHERE: Plymouth G Pub Entertainment Complex (West Plymouth Square, 101 Carver Rd, Plymouth, MA)
- MORE INFORMATION: For the most up-to-date information visit plymouthfarmersmarket.org
Quincy Farmers Market
The Quincy Farmers Market is hosted in the afternoon, meaning you don't need to rush out the door early in the morning to make it to the market in time!
- WHERE: St. Chrysostom's Church (531 Hancock St & 1 Linden Ave)
- WHEN: Sundays until October 29th from 12:30 PM - 4 PM
- MORE INFO: For the most up-to-date information visit www.quincyfarmersmarket.com/
Orleans Farmers Market
Alright, this farmers market is a bit of a drive from the South Shore, but this Cape Cod farmers market is year-round, and if you're looking for a fun day trip, it might just be the perfect place to visit!
- Outside 19 Old Colony Way from May until December 16th
- Inside 44 Main Street, Orleans (The Old Firehouse) from January through April.
- WHEN: Saturdays
- September through December : 9 am - noon
- January through April : 10 am - noon
- MORE INFO: For the most up-to-date information visit www.orleansfarmersmarket.org/
Want To Feel More Connected To Your Community?
If you'd rather start your week feeling more connected to your community than be disappointed it's Monday, sign up for my free newsletter, Community Connections!