Brockton's first brewpub, which prides itself in being the 6th Black-owned Brewery in Massachusetts, is celebrating its one-year anniversary of being open!
Brockton Beer Company, which features a full menu of craft beer, drinks, and food, is a family-friendly establishment that was founded in 2018 by five local families who bonded over their shared love of youth sports and weekly game nights.
These families were inspired by the impact breweries had on surrounding communities and began collaborating with other Massachusetts breweries in 2019 and 2020. After contract brewing in 2021 and distributing their beer throughout the South Shore, Cape Cod, and western Massachusetts, the Brockton Beer Company opened its brewpub doors in June 2022.
Since then, the establishment has released thirteen beers, collaborated on seven different beers with other breweries, opened the kitchen with a full pub menu, and participated in many events. The business has also earned awards such as a Silver Medal in the Denver Brewing Competition for Yasuke (Black Kolsch), a Gold Award for Economic Impact, and Entrepreneur of the Year.
To celebrate its one-year anniversary, Brockton Beer Company is hosting the Culture On Tap Festival on Saturday, June 3rd. The festival will feature over a dozen restaurants cooking up delicious food and over a dozen local craft breweries to wash the fare down with! The CCulture On Tap Festival also advertises an "eclectic musical lineup, celebrating Brockton's rich cultural roots, headlined by Keith Murray."
Brockton Beer Company has quickly become a staple in the Brockton community, providing locals with a unique experience of great craft beer, drinks, and food. The Culture On Tap Festival will be a celebration of the establishment's success and a reflection of the community that has supported it.
Culture On Tap Festival Event Details
- WHERE: Brockton Beer Company, 121 Main St., Brockton (Entrances will be at the intersections of Frederick Douglass Avenue and Main Street and West Elm Street and Main Street)
- WHEN: Saturday, June 3, 2023
- TIME: 3 p.m.- 8 p.m.
- PRICE: Tickets range from $20 to $50 and must be purchased in advance.
- DETAILS: Tickets are available at www.cultureontapfest.com and will not be sold onsite on the day of the festival. Ticket sales will end at midnight on June 2. VIP tickets include one hour of unlimited tastings. Only ticketed patrons will be admitted to the festival.
- MORE INFORMATION: http://www.cultureontapfest.com
Want To Feel More Connected To Your Community?
If you'd rather start your week feeling more connected to your community than be disappointed it's Monday, sign up for my free newsletter, Community Connections!
If you enjoy this article, be sure to click "follow" to be one of the first to know when I publish.