If you enjoy this article, be sure to click "follow" to be one of the first to know when I publish.
(CAMBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS) Get ready for a fun-filled day of celebrating nature- in the city! The non-profit Mass Audubon invites you to the Nature in the City Festival, which promises a day filled with fun performances, wildlife ambassadors, and more nature-themed activities the whole family will enjoy.
Where is the Nature in the City Festival?
Located along the Charles River in Cambridge, Magazine Beach Park has "long been a haven for city residents seeking the outdoors close to home." Thanks to a partnership between Mass Audubon and the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR), Mass Audubon has revealed that they will be bringing the Nature in the City initiative to the urban greenspace.
When is the Nature in the City Festival?
Starting in April 2023, Magazine Beach Park Nature Center will reopen its doors to welcome the community for another year of climate action, nature exploration, and discovery. On April 15th, the Nature in the City Festival will kick off the year of nature exploration with feature community art, partner organizations, dance, and much more!
Fun Activities at the Nature in the City Festival
From 4 pm to 6 pm, Nature in the City Festival attendees will have the opportunity to enjoy a multitude of activities, from playing lawn games and relaxing outdoors to learning about wildlife from live animal ambassadors.
- Animals, Activities, & Building Community Connection
- "Play lawn games, find space to relax outdoors, and learn about wildlife from one of our live animal ambassadors. Get involved in existing climate action initiatives happening in the community by connecting with local non-profits and eco-friendly businesses."
- Community Art Activity
- "Learn new techniques alongside Massachusetts College of Art faculty who will use invasive plants like phragmites harvested from Magazine Beach Park to make art. We will create a temporary sculpture that will live at the park."
- Guided Nature Walks
- "In honor of Earth Month, Mass Audubon Field Teachers will lead an exploration of Magazine Beach Park to discover the biodiversity of plants and animals that bring life to the area. Learn about the ecological connections between species that create a livable habitat."
Attendees of the Nature in the City Festival are invited to end their day dancing into the sunset! The Sunset Dance Party will have you break it down to two genre-bending DJs from Clear the Floor, a BIPOC dance collective based in Cambridge and Boston. Don't miss out on this exciting event!
Nature in the City Festival Event Details
- WHERE: Magazine Beach Park Nature Center (668 Memorial Drive, Cambridge, MA 02139)
- WHEN: April 15, 2023
- TIME: 4 PM - 7:30 PM
- COST: Free
- MORE INFORMATION: To find out more about this family-friendly event, visit Mass Audubon's official website by clicking here.
Want To Feel More Connected To Your Community?
If you'd rather start your week feeling more connected to your community than be disappointed it's Monday, sign up for my free newsletter, Community Connections!
Comments / 0