The world we live in is not perfect and it will never be. It’s said that there are no straight lines in nature and the straight lines mean perfection. The world is full of curb lines. But there is a beauty in every imperfection.
The world is continuously changing. People always believe that they can change the world, but they can’t. We, humans, just adapt to the changes we faced every day. We are powerless against the world.
In this article, I am doing to tell you 16 quotes that describe the world we live in today.
1. “For almost 2000 years it has been preached to us to love each other, and we tore each other apart.” — Mihai Eminescu
People are in constant competition with others, instead of wanting the best for everyone. The only person you compete with is yourself. Don’t let the negative thoughts affect your relationships with other persons, you need to focus on the positive, love, appreciate, and treat everyone with kindness. People need to look after each other, not take others down.
2. “If flowers were given to people in the same way that people give flowers, where would people be cut from?” — Nichita Stanescu
Where would people be cut from? Or where would they be kept until given to flowers? This quote reminds us of how much harm can humans cause to nature.
3. “Equality only exists in mathematics.” — Mihai Eminescu
No matter how many movements and organizations are that fights for equality, this will never change. At least not in the near future. It’s hard, and most of the time impossible, to change mentalities.
4. “Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we’re being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I’m liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That’s what’s insane about it.” — John Lennon
This is so true that no further explanation is needed. It is a fact that you know, seen and you also live by following some crazy rules made to obtain insane objectives. This is happening for a long time, since the first kings who ruled this world.
5. “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” — Mahatma Gandhi
If you encounter a few people that have done you wrong, that doesn’t mean all of them will do the same. You know that often women after being cheated on, start losing trust in men and think they are all the same. Don’t lose faith in people because most of them are good persons, and it’s normal to sometimes run into people that will hurt you.
6. “To live means to suffer.” — Mihai Eminescu
It’s impossible to never suffer because sadness is part of our life and we can’t avoid it. It would be kind of strange if you’ve never been sad before.
7. “I believe that the very purpose of life is to be happy.” — Dalai Lama
The purpose of life is not to become a millionaire or to run the world, is to find your happiness, and live a peaceful and meaningful life.
8. “People are divided into two categories: some of them look and don’t find anything, others find it but are not satisfied.” — Mihai Eminescu
You see a lot of people that have what you want, no matter what that is: a house, a job, or a family. A lot of them are not satisfied and look for other ways to find their happiness. While this happens, other people are looking their whole life, trying to achieve their goals, and end up failing at it.
9. “Work is the law of the modern world, which has no place for lazy people.” — Mihai Eminescu
If you don’t work or find other ways to survive, the world will not offer you a chance to live and will take every possible action needed to get rid of you. Sad, but true.
10. “Do all things with love.” — Og Mandino
Love is the most important feeling in people’s life and no matter what you are doing, love is always part of every action and experience you live.
11. “The only thing we have to fear on the planet is man.” — Carl Gustav Jung
Humans have done more harm to the planet than any animal. We are the danger and the ones to fear.
12. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein
Don’t give up and keep walking to reach the success you desire, to get out of a bad experience, and to survive the everyday challenges.
13. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” — Helen Keller
There is a known expression “You live to the fullest or you don’t live at all”. This is the same thing. Your life is filled with adventures or is not filled with it at all.
14. “Life is trying things to see if they work.” — Ray Bradbury
You are trying to find a suitable carrier based on your traits and you are constantly trying to find a partner and make the relationship work. These are just the main things everybody is looking to achieve.
15. “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
You make mistakes, take action, and learn and evolve as a person from every one of them.
16. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” — Abraham Lincoln
Make the best out of your life and live every day like is your first one or last one on the earth. The experiences you live are the ones that will define your life, not the number of years.
The world is not perfect and often makes us upset, but we can always choose to see the good parts. You choose what you see, the bad or the good. These quotes are perfect for remembering us what matters: love, kindness, helping each other, and happiness.