A total of 20 Harrison High School band students from Kennesaw, Acworth and Marietta have received 2023 District 12 Honor Band recognition.
Those named to the District 12 Honor Band from Harrison Bands are listed below, with their instruments and current grade level:
- Abbey Amos, French Horn, 9
- Carl Anderson, Bari Sax, 12
- Daniel Banstetter, Clarinet, 11
- Ainsley Collier, Clarinet, 12
- Blake Dwelle, Alto Sax, 12
- A.J. Enahora, Trumpet, 10
- Katie Ferrell, Alto Sax, 10
- Magdalene Forester, Trumpet, 12
- Susan Henson, French Horn, 10
- Katherine Murray, Clarinet, 10
- Connor Naylor, Trumpet, 11
- Carlos Santa, Trumpet, 11
- Georgia Smith, Flute, 11
- Gracie Snider, Alto Sax, 10
- Huijin So, Flute, 9
- Anna Ussery, Trumpet, 10
- Lyndsey Williams, Clarinet, 11
Recognized as alternate members of the District 12 Honor Band are:
- Karl Christiansen, Tenor Sax, 12
- Jonathon Richards, Trumpet, 10
- Lauren Sanford, Oboe, 10
To qualify for District Honor Band, students participate in comprehensive competitive auditions that challenge their individual skill and musicianship. Once selected, District Honor Band honorees will participate in music workshops and rehearsals over the weekend of February 3-5, 2023, including a performance by the Honor Band on Sunday, Feb. 5.
About Harrison High School Bands:
Since its inception in 1991, the Harrison High School band program has quickly established a national reputation for musical and performance excellence. In 2022, the Harrison Marching Band was a finalist at two Bands of America Regional Competitions, and was invited to perform at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom in Orlando. Students in the Harrison bands are consistent members of the District Honor Band, Georgia All-State Band, Atlanta Symphony Youth Orchestra, Atlanta Youth Wind Symphony, Metropolitan Youth Symphony Orchestra, Honor Band of America, Georgia’s Governor’s Honors Program, Atlanta Youth Jazz Orchestra and Georgia Youth Symphony Orchestra. In addition to excellence in music, Harrison Band members consistently demonstrate outstanding scholastic, teamwork and competitive abilities, learning personal relationship, study and life skills important to success.
Learn more about the program at harrisonbands.org.
Comments / 0