Good to know!
We understand that you don't feel like washing your dishes by hand if you have a dishwasher in your kitchen. But did you know that you shouldn't put certain things in your dishwasher? Certain things can be harmful to your machine or even break when your dishwasher is on. And you don't want that!
We have a list for you with items that you should definitely not put in your dishwasher.
We start with another important fact about the dishwasher. Did you already know, for example, that before emptying the machine, it is best to let it cool down? Bacteria enter it through the water and food. This may not sound very catastrophic, but it can cause food poisoning. If you open the door immediately after the dishwasher has finished, the bacteria will enter your home directly via the warm air. Not so fresh! This is why you should always let the dishwasher cool down before you open it. This ensures that the warm air with bacteria does not spread as soon as you open the door. In addition, it is also just handy, because if you wait an hour, your dishes will also be a lot drier. It is also best to go over the rubbers with a clean cloth after use.
And now for the things you absolutely should not put in the dishwasher. We listed the five things you should ever wash in the dishwasher.
- What should you absolutely not put in the dishwasher? Wood to start with. Enough kitchen utensils are made of wood, such as cutting boards, ladles and spatulas. Due to the long-term contact that the dishwasher creates with the wood, the products wear out much faster than necessary.
- It is also best to wash copper, tin or aluminum by hand. This is because after a few washes it completely loses its characteristic color and that is just a shame.
- You should never put crystal in the dishwasher. This breaks very quickly in the dishwasher and before you know it you are scraping together hundreds of wet shards with your hands. Dangerous and a waste of your beautiful crystal wine glasses!
- Plastic can change shape through prolonged contact with hot water. So just wash this off by hand!
- You should always rinse dirty dishes before placing them in the dishwasher. You should do this especially because all the food leftovers can quickly clog the drain. If that happens you are much further away from home… So rinse!