Most people know that the best cheesecakes come from New York City.
But did you know that there's a secret to their success?
The key is in the blueberry topping.
This recipe will show you how to make a delicious New York-style cheesecake with a sweet and tangy blueberry topping. It's sure to impress your friends and family.
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
Six tablespoons of butter, melted
3 (8 ounces) packages of cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
Three tablespoons flour
One teaspoon of vanilla extract
Four eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
1/4 cup sugar
Three tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)—grease and flour in one 9x13 inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter—Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar, flour, and vanilla extract, beating until well blended. Add eggs and mix just until combined. Pour filling over crust.
4. In a medium saucepan, combine blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cook over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Spread overfilling.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
This cheesecake is best if made a day ahead of time and refrigerated overnight. The flavors have a chance to blend, and the texture is smoother. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and fresh blueberries, if desired. Enjoy!