Miami, FL

National Park Getaways From Miami

Daniela Ramos

If you think the Miami area is limited to sandy beaches, fun bars, and parties, think again. There are several great national parks that provide fabulous getaways from this coastal city, and below you’ll find three great options for adventurous getaways.

Everglades National Park

https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=2NFibc_0aZiqTql00
rylan krupp/Unsplash

Everglades National Park is one of the largest national parks, covering 1,5 million acres of subtropical Floridian wilderness. The park encompasses a huge array of ecosystems, including marine, mangroves, and pinelands. Alligators are probably the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of the Everglades, but there is actually a humongous range of wildlife that lives in this park, to the point that Everglades National Park is the only place in the world where alligators and crocodiles co-exist.

The best option for exploring the Everglades is to book a boat tour in the Gulf Coast area. Chances are you’ll get to spot manatees and dolphins! You can also take part in a ranger-led program for a great adventure where you’ll get to roam deep into the park on a canoe ride or a night trek.

For independent souls who want to check out the park on their own, there is always the option of going on a hiking trail or a scenic drive. Eco Pond Trail is a flamingo hotspot, and Anhinga Trail is the one for spotting tons of alligators. If you prefer to see them gators from the safety of your car or are short on time, you can drive down the two main roads in the park, which are Royal Palm leading to Flamingo and Tamiami Trail from Shark Valley to Everglades City, two incredible scenic drives.

Biscayne National Park

Biscayne National Park is a great option for those who are looking for an escape that combines beach and nature. Set in the Florida Keys, this national park is very unique because it’s 95% underwater, so it’s necessary to go below the surface to fully explore it.

Naturally, snorkeling and scuba diving expeditions are available, but sailing and glass-bottom boat tours are good options in case you’re not eager to get wet.

To explore the 5% of the park that is not under the sea, a visit to the islands that are spread out all over and a hike in search of wildlife and glorious nature are the way to go.

Dry Tortugas National Park

https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=2po9AA_0aZiqTql00
Alec Douglas/Unsplash

White sand beaches and pristine turquoise water are not exclusive to the Caribbean. Amazingly, Florida hosts a few of them and you can find them in Dry Tortugas National Park!

Dry Tortugas is one of the least-visited national parks in the USA, although it is one of the most beautiful ones! It is only accessible by ferry or seaplane, so it is quite remote. The park is 99% water, and the remaining 1% consists of seven islands. Once there, you can lounge endlessly in one of the prettiest beaches in the USA, or snorkel to view untouched coral reefs and amazing marine life.

This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.

Comments / 0

Published by

The journey has been full of highs and lows of all sorts – of grand adventures, heartbreak, self-discovery, screw ups, and lonely roads. I wouldn’t change any of it. While I’m no longer traveling full-time anymore and I am now based in the wonderland that is Mexico City, you’re more likely to find me in some far-off place than at home. I’m a firm believer in the law of attraction, and I hope my stories inspire you to take the leap and follow your dreams!

71 followers

More from Daniela Ramos

Comments / 0