In a surprising turn of events, pop sensation Ariana Grande and her husband Dalton Gomez have decided to part ways after two years of marriage. The couple, who tied the knot in a private ceremony in May 2021, have been separated since January 2023, according to sources close to the couple.
The "Just Like Magic" singer, 30, and the luxury real estate agent, 27, have been "quietly and lovingly working on their friendship" since their separation. The news of their split was first reported by TMZ, and later confirmed by PEOPLE. The couple's decision to separate has been described as amicable, with both parties focusing on maintaining a strong friendship.
Grande, who is currently in London filming the screen adaptation of "Wicked," was spotted without her engagement ring and wedding band over the weekend while enjoying a day at Wimbledon. This sparked rumors about the status of her marriage, which have now been confirmed.
The couple attempted a reconciliation a few months back, but it was unsuccessful. A source with direct knowledge of the situation told TMZ, "their relationship is heading for divorce." Despite the impending divorce, the couple remains friends and continues to communicate regularly over the phone.
Grande and Gomez's relationship first came to public attention in early 2020 when they were spotted sharing an intimate dinner at Bar Louie in Northridge, CA. At the time, Gomez was relatively unknown, and the seriousness of their relationship was not yet public knowledge.
The couple's wedding in May 2021 was a private affair held at Grande's home in Montecito, California, with less than 20 people in attendance. A source told PEOPLE following their nuptials, "The room was so happy and full of love. The couple and both families couldn't be happier."
Gomez, described as "young but mature," was seen as a grounding influence for Grande. A second source added, "He is very hardworking and focused. He is low-key and doesn't like attention. He isn't impressed by celebrities. He is perfect for her."
The couple's separation comes after they had been living thousands of miles apart since December 2022, when Grande began filming "Wicked." Sources indicate that the couple was experiencing problems even before their geographical separation.
Despite the end of their marriage, the couple's love and respect for each other remain evident. In May, Grande posted to Instagram to celebrate the couple's second anniversary, writing: "I love him so." Gomez reciprocated the sentiment on Valentine's Day, referring to Grande as his "forever valentine."
As the couple navigates this new chapter, fans around the world are sending their love and support to both Grande and Gomez.
Fans of the couple have been expressing their sadness and support on social media.
- "I'm so heartbroken for Ariana and Dalton," one fan wrote on Twitter. "They seemed so happy together."
- "I hope they both find happiness in the future," another fan wrote.
- "This is a reminder that even the best relationships can end," a third fan wrote. "But it's important to remember that there is always hope for the future."
The couple's separation is a sad event, but it is also a reminder that life goes on.
- Grande and Gomez are both talented and successful people, and they will both be able to find happiness in the future.
- Their fans will continue to support them, no matter what.
Here are some resources for people who are going through a separation or divorce:
- The American Psychological Association offers a guide to coping with divorce.
- The National Healthy Marriage Resource Center provides information on how to build and maintain healthy relationships.
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline can provide support to people who are experiencing abuse.