The following data is current as of March 11, 2021. In Georgia overall, there have been 832,480 confirmed cases. Confirmed deaths are currently at 15,784 for the state with 2,333 probable deaths. This data shows an increase of 20,525 cases in Georgia in the last two weeks, representing 7,684 cases per 100,000. The total population of Georgia is 10,833,472.
Morgan County has had 1,138 confirmed cases. There have been 16 confirmed deaths and 5 probable deaths within the county and 79 hospitalizations with 808 antigen-positive cases.
Here's the data for the counties surrounding Morgan:
- Greene County: 1,453 cases, 47 deaths, and 130 hospitalizations
- Jasper County: 646 cases, 18 deaths, and 58 hospitalizations
- Madison County: 2,649 cases, 41 deaths, and 145 hospitalizations
- Newton County: 7,000 cases, 192 deaths, and 589 hospitalizations
- Oconee County: 2,834 cases, 58 deaths, and 121 hospitalizations
- Putnam County: 1,696 cases, 50 deaths, and 150 hospitalizations
- Walton County: 7,570 cases, 213 deaths, and 456 hospitalizations
The CDC has continued to make the following recommendations for minimizing the risk of contracting COVID-19:
- Wear a mask any time you are within six feet of someone who doesn't live in your household.
- Be sure to wear a mask properly, making sure it fits the face and covers both the nose and mouth at all times.
- Practice social distancing, staying at least six feet away from others.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
- Wash hands before and after handling your mask.
- Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated spaces where social distancing is not possible including restaurants, movie theaters, sporting events, and other places where masks may not be worn or social distancing may not be observed.
- Cough and sneeze inside the mask or into an elbow, keeping the mouth covered at all times.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces regularly.
- Self-quarantine if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Monitor for a fever or other symptoms if you begin experiencing symptoms and get tested as needed.
To register for the vaccine, Morgan County residents can visit the Northeast Health District's website.
The CDC has also released the following guidelines for vaccinated individuals (defined as those who have received the second dose of the vaccine at least 2 weeks previously):
- Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or staying 6 feet apart.
- Visit with unvaccinated people from one other household indoors without wearing masks or staying 6 feet apart if everyone in the other household is at low risk for severe disease.
- Refrain from quarantine and testing if they do not have symptoms of COVID-19 after contact with someone who has COVID-19.
These recommendations still apply for interacting with the unvaccinated public:
- Wear a well-fitted mask.
- Stay at least 6 feet from people you do not live with.
- Avoid medium- and large-sized in-person gatherings.
- Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Follow guidance issued by individual employers.
- Follow CDC and health department travel requirements and recommendations.