Ariana Grande has been accused of "blackfishing" and "Asianfishing" on social media, due to her changing appearance over the years. Some people believe that she is intentionally trying to look like a different race, while others believe that she is simply experimenting with her style.
Grande is of Italian descent, but she has been seen with darker skin, fuller lips, and straighter hair in recent years. This has led to accusations that she is trying to look Black or Asian.
Grande has not responded to the accusations, but she has spoken out about her views on race in the past. In an interview with The Fader in 2014, she said that she believes that "race is a social construct" and that "we are all human beings."
The accusations against Grande have sparked a larger conversation about race and cultural appropriation in the entertainment industry. Some people believe that Grande is simply expressing her creativity, while others believe that she is profiting off of Black and Asian culture.
The debate is likely to continue, as Grande remains one of the most popular pop stars in the world. It is important to have these conversations, as they can help us to understand the complex issue of race and cultural appropriation.
Here are some of the arguments for and against the accusations against Grande:
- Grande has been seen with a noticeably darker skin tone in recent years.
- She has also been seen with fuller lips and straighter hair, which are features that are often associated with Black and Asian women.
- Some people believe that Grande is intentionally trying to look Black or Asian in order to appeal to a wider audience.
- Grande has said that she believes that race is a social construct.
- She has also said that she is not trying to look like anyone else.
- Some people believe that Grande is simply expressing her creativity through her appearance.
Ultimately, it is up to each individual to decide whether or not they believe that Grande is guilty of blackfishing or Asianfishing. However, the debate is likely to continue, as Grande remains one of the most popular pop stars in the world.