HARRIS COUNTY, TX (Covering Katy News) - A man accused of shooting four bullets at a vehicle on the Westpark Tollway has posted bond. He can return to his home in Katy’s Grand Lakes subdivision.
James Anthony Young, Jr., 32, faces felony charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. The shooting happened in Harris County.
Video cameras on the intended victim’s vehicle captured the incident on Sunday, Sept. 25, showing both drivers engaged in a dangerous high-speed altercation in the 13500 block of Westpark Tollway, according to Precinct 5 Constable Ted Heap.
As the intended victim exits the toll road at Eldridge, the suspect overtakes him at a high rate of speed and stoped in the roadway, blocking traffic.
“The suspect exits his truck with a firearm and fires four shots at the second driver’s vehicle,” said a statement from the Precinct 5 Constable’s Office. “The second vehicle was struck several times, but the driver escaped uninjured.”
Deputies were able to identify the suspect and arrest him without incident.
“It’s fortunate that nobody was injured in this situation,” Heap said. “This was an extremely dangerous situation for these two drivers and other innocent bystanders whose lives were at risk.”
Constable Heap offers these tips if you are involved in a road rage incident:
• If you encounter an aggressive driver, don’t respond.
• Don’t respond to aggression with aggression.
• Avoid eye contact.
• Avoid offensive hand gestures.
• Don’t honk your horn or attempt to antagonize the enraged driver by blocking his way.
• If you’re being followed or if an enraged driver points a gun at you, call 911 and provide a detailed description of the vehicle, its license plate and the driver.