"The cost of liberty is less than the price of repression." - W.E.B. Du Bois
The Taliban's nearly two-week reign has been a nightmare for all that are caught in the middle of this chaos.
With the recent terrorist attack at Hamid Karzai International Airport (Read "Kabul Attack Kills 12 American Troops!!!!! Biden "We Will Hunt You Down & Make You Pay"), the need for refuge for the Afghan is a MUST.
This has turned into one of the Biden Adminstartions' biggest challenges, as well as perhaps his most embarrassing challenge thus far (by all means, insert whatever embarrassing moment you want in the comment section).
Luckily, American governors, Republicans, and Democrats are opening up their state and welcoming refugees.
Here are just a few states that are willing to welcome the Afghan refugees.
Lists Of American Governors Welcoming Refugees Into Their States: America Must Continue To Be That Beacon Of Light
Governors Who Have Voiced Their Alliance With The Afghan People:
- Massachusetts Gov Charlie Baker, a moderate Republican
- Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, another moderate Republican
- Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam, a Democrat
- California Gov. Gavin Newsom, a Democrat (Soon to be out Gavin Newsom)
- South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster, a Republican
- Utah Gov. Spencer Cox, a Republican
- Guam Gov. Lou Leon Guerrero, a Democrat
- Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds, a Republican
- Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers, a Democrat
- New York Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul, a Democrat
- Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey and Arizona House Speaker Rusty Bowers, both Republicans
- Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson, a Republican
- New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham and New Mexico House Speaker Brian Egolf, both Democrats
- Oregon Gov. Kate Brown, a Democrat
- Colorado Gov. Jared Polis, a Democrat
- Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf, a Democrat
- Kansas Gov. Laura Kelly, a Democrat
- Vermont Gov. Phil Scott, a Republican
Found This Article Informative?
If you found this article informative, kindly follow me as I will be writing daily about what is going on in Afghanistan.
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.