Sports fans are a passionate group.
A 2023 national survey by Siena College Research Institute revealed that 70% of Americans are sports fans, with many engaging in the sport daily (watching it, talking about it, checking scores).
When it is game time, loyal fans adorned in team colors and face paint will tolerate traffic jams, inclement weather, and steep ticket prices to cheer on their favorite team.
During the off-season, fans can find plenty of sports-related attractions to occupy their time, and Colorado is home to a popular one.
The fantastic downtown museum is in a beautiful 60,000-square-foot facility with stunning views of Pikes Peak. It has fascinating memorabilia, including official game torches, medals from every Olympic game since 1896, athlete uniforms & equipment, and stunning photos.
The venue has a state-of-the-art "athlete training" area where visitors can virtually try a bobsled run, alpine skiing, archery, track, and sled hockey. The innovative technology and interactive displays make this one-of-a-kind museum a must-see for sports fans.
In September, Colorado residents receive special pricing at the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Museum. On Saturdays starting at 3:00 p.m., Colorado residents can purchase $5 admission tickets. Learn more here.
The USA Today Readers' Choice list for "Best Attractions for Sports Fans" are:
- "The Blue" (blue turf football field) at Boise State University - Boise, Idaho
- California Surf Museum - Oceanside, California
- "Field of Dreams" movie site - Dyersville, Iowa
- U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Museum - Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Kentucky Derby Museum - Louisville, Kentucky
- Babe Ruth Birthplace and Museum - Baltimore, Maryland
- USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center - Flushing, New York
- International Tennis Hall of Fame - Newport, Rhode Island
- National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum - Cooperstown, New York
- National Soccer Hall of Fame - Frisco, Texas