(Colorado Springs, CO) The time is ripe to enjoy fresh Colorado produce, and the local farmer's markets are a fantastic place to shop for home-grown goods and treats.
Produce at farm stands is sourced directly from nearby farms and orchards, offering fruits and vegetables at their peak freshness.
When consumers buy from farmer's markets, they actively contribute to the growth of small, independently-owned businesses. Shoppers have access to exceptional goods and the funds go directly to the farmer, artist, or small business. lt is a win-win.
Below are some fantastic Colorado Springs farmer's markets.
- Western Museum of Mining and Industry Summer Farmers Market - 225 North Gate Blvd - Mondays starting at 9:00 a.m. The market has produce & farm stands, craft, and business vendors.
- Briargate Farmer's Market - 7610 North Union Blvd - Wednesdays from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Colorado Farm & Art Market Downtown - Colorado Springs Pioneer Museum (215 S. Tejon Street) - Wednesdays from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. through October 11th.
- Fountain Community Market - 618 E. Ohio Avenue, Fountain, CO (Metcalfe Park) - Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. through September 30th.
- Old Colorado City Farmer's Market - 2407 W Colorado Ave (Bancroft Park) - Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. through October 14th.
- Colorado Farm & Art Market at Margarita at Pine Creek - 7350 Pine Creek Road - Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. through October 14th. The long-running market has 100% Colorado-grown produce, goods, and hand-crafted art.
Savor the summer season and help the local economy by exploring the farmer's markets in and around Colorado Springs. There is something for everyone. I'll see you there!