If you're a small business owner that serves a local area, there are a number of effective DIY marketing strategies that you can use to promote your business. One of the most effective is local SEO.
Local SEO involves optimizing both your website and your online presence for a local audience. By doing this, you can ensure that your business shows up in local search results. This can be a great way to reach more potential customers in your area.
Because 85% of web users never leave the first page of Google's search results, local businesses need to be as high up as possible in those results.
There are numerous benefits to focusing on local SEO for your business. Some of the most notable include:
1. Increased Exposure - When you rank high in local search results, you'll get more exposure for your business. This increased exposure can result in more visitors to your website, leads, and sales.
2. Greater ROI - Because local SEO is targeted to a specific audience, you'll see a higher ROI than with other forms of SEO.
3. Improved Visibility - Local SEO can help improve your website's visibility in search engines, which can result in more traffic and leads.
4. Greater Engagement - By ranking high in local search results, you'll get more engagement from potential customers. This means that they'll be more likely to visit your website, call you, or visit your business in person.
While there are various tactics you can use to improve your local SEO efforts, one of the most effective is through Google My Business.
Google My Business
Google My Business is a free online platform that businesses can use to create a business listing on Google. The platform allows businesses to add information about their company, such as location, hours of operation, website, and contact information. In addition, companies can add photos and videos and create posts to share updates about their company.
Setting up or claiming your free Google My Business listing is a terrific way to increase your visibility online so that you can reach more potential customers.
One of the best things about Google My Business is that when someone does a Google search for your business, they will see your business name, address, phone number, reviews from customers, and more.
When you take the time to verify your listing, it can also help your business rank higher in search results.
Setting up your Google My Business listing:
1. Go to https://business.google.com and create a Google account if you don't already have one.
2. Click on "Start Now" and enter your business information.
3. Verify your business by phone or postcard.
4. Upload photos of your business and add additional details like hours, website, and contact information. The more complete your business profile, the better.
That's it! Your Google My Business listing is now set up!
Asking your customers to write reviews on Google:
Now that you have a Google My Business listing, you should share a link with your customers and ask them to write a review of your business. While some review websites frown upon this practice, Google does not, as long as you do not offer incentives or set up review stations at your business. Sending a link is perfectly fine.
1. On a desktop, sign in to the Business Profile Manager and click the Home link in the left menu.
2. In the "Get more reviews" card, copy the short URL.
3. Share the URL on your social media sites, email directly to your customers, etc.
4. Be sure to reply to all reviews, thanking them for taking the time leave you a review. Don't get upset if you receive a negative review. Apologize, when appropriate, and use it as an opportunity to improve on future customer experiences.
Local SEO is a great option if you're looking for a quick way to boost your business's marketing efforts. It can help you reach more potential customers in your area and see a higher return on investment. Visit DIYMarketing.news for more information about how local SEO can help your business.