The Lectric XP Lite is a new lightweight ebike that only costs $799. But does it live up to its promise? The folks at Lectric E-bikes based in Phoenix, AZ think so. They sent me a model for testing and review and I gave it a deep dive in my latest video.
Lets start out by telling you who this ebike is for. Its not for everyone but is a very accessible ebike and a good fit for anyone smaller than 6 feet tall. I'm a six footer so I have to raise the seat post pretty high to get the best leg extension so keep that in mind if you are a tall human.
In my opinion this bike is ideal if:
- You need a small lightweight ebike to put in your trunk or back seat.
- You just want a good starter ebike that won't break the bank.
- You just need an ebike for short quick trips around your local streets or flat trails.
- You want to get your teenager a starter ebike.
- You're going on vacation and need a small stow-able mode of transport.
I call the XP Lite a "quick trip" ebike because its so agile and easy to maneuver. I love taking it out for short rides around the neighborhood at lunch break. It only weighs 46 pounds so it is one of the lightest ebikes on the market. At a starting price of just $799 it's also probably the best affordable PEV on the market.
- 300 Watt Rear hub motor
- 20X2.4 inch BMX style tires
- Folding stem and frame that compacts to 36L X 16W X 27H
- Mechanical disc brakes
- Front and rear lighting
- 5 levels of motor assist
- Top speed of 20 MPH
- Range 15-30 miles
- Twist throttle available on demand
- Single speed
- 7.8Ah integrated 48V battery
The XP Lite comes in four colors: Sandstorm (shown below), Artic White, Black and Lectric Blue.
If you are looking for more power and more range they sell the XP 2.0 which comes with a 500W motor and bigger battery (10.4ah) than can get about 35 miles in real world riding. The Lite will get you about 20 miles on range in real work riding (with hills etc.)
To learn more about the Lectric XP Lite click my affiliate link to visit their website. I've been a big fan of Lectric ever since their XP 1.0 came out three years ago. Since then they have sold 170,000 ebikes in the U.S. and are know for their stellar customer service.