Tonight, I decided to make my famous homemade chips and wanted to share with you all! They are pretty amazing and they are ALWAYS a crowd pleaser. You can make some guacamole, salsa, or whatever you want – you and your guests wont be disappointed. I usually make homemade nachos and they are to die for!
My inspiration first came from some nachos I had when visiting my family, I knew I had to make it at home. It is super easy to make and semi-time consuming. Here is how to do it:
1. Heat up some oil – fill your pan up about half full (I use canola)
2. While the oil is heating cut up street taco size tortillas into 4 squares (I use flour)
3. Once oil is hot, drop about 8-12 tortillas in your pan
4. Each side needs to fry for about a minute a piece (just look to see it turns a medium brown color)
5. Place on a paper towel or something to absorb the extra oil
Yes, this was a recipe I made up, without any measurements. Have fun trying it out and let me know what you think! I know this isn’t a normal Seattle post, but I was thinking about ordering Joey’s to go margaritas again. I knew this was a must have. Like if you want more recipes!